scope for .222 + zero distance

Guys,

what sort of scopes do you use for your .222's or .223's? variable, fixed, etc. what's popular on the objective bell end:eek:? do you tend to use basic rets or varmint/bdc or target turrets? why....

what zero distance do you tend to use?

to give you an idea, mine will be used 80% for fox and vermin 100 to 350 yds during evening and light night work, some rook/crow/bunny work too during the day. 20% for roe deer (yes in Scotland) within 200yds.

just looking for what's popular and why and any thoughts on what might suit me (my budget does not stretch far, maybe £350 tops)

thanks for your help.

P

Hi PKL

As you state you are mostly using for Fox control with your top end budget £350 I recommend a second hand S & B 8 x 56 with reticle 8 if poss. Excellent scope under lamp or full moon. Zero 1" high at 100yds you will be bullseye at 50 and 150yds approx 2" low at 200yds 7" low at 250yds using most .222 50 and 55grn factory ammo. At 300yds you would be approx 14" low so don't think 300yd shot would be an option unless you put in loads of practice on 300yd range to determine how much to hold over and provided you had good backstop in case of error. REMEMBER a good Roe Deer 's body is only approx 12" deep and a Fox is a lot smaller animal this is another reason I don't think a 300yd shot at Fox or Roe Deer is good practise. Hope this is of some help to you.

Kind regards Jimbo PS still looking for Valhalla on map !!!!!!!!

Back