New stock on the Tikka T3

mel

Just collected my Bell and Carlson stock from the delivery depot today. 2 screws later and we are all fitted and done. Fitting was a doddle and the action fits like a glove, I was expecting at least a little sanding and tweaking. The barrel is now fully free floating and the £10 test note happily slides all the way up and down the barrel between it and the stock - something it didn't do with the factory stock. Must admit it feels a lot nicer to hold than the original stock and also looks a lot nicer too, bit heavier but not expecting it to make so much of a difference when out walking with it.

Arrived just in time for the Club's range day tomorrow so will get it re-zeroed and see if it improves the rifles accuracy (already shoots sub inch groups off the bench with home loads).

Total cost including price, postage and customs fees, was under £200 from across the pond so quite pleased. :) I would have preferred to spend the money in the UK but I couldn't find anything close to that price!

Mel
Rifle1.jpg Rifle2.jpg Rifle3.jpg

Hi mate,nice stock,has it ally chassis,do they do a more tactical looking stock to fit my t3 varmint

I got it from Redhawk Rifles, not sure if they do one for the T3 Varmint.

The following is from their website reference the bedding block - Full aluminum bedding block that extends from the grip to the front swivel stud. The bedding block design incorporates the recoil lug.

Hi mate I have just ordered the same stock for my t3 from redhawk how long did yours take to ship and did you get stung for import duty?
cheers Pete

Nice one mate cheers, at that price I can re-stock my 6.5 and 223, what was the shipping cost and time!

Kindest regards

Garry

I think it was around £250-260 all inclusive around 5 weeks wait if I remember was a while ago though

Almost anything would be an improvement on the factory T3 stock. Replacing the superior M595/M695 Lefthand stock with a lower T3 Classic style doesn't seem to me to be a sound idea - unless of course you're sold on 'synthetics'.

At the OP's guesstimate the replacement stock is more than half the cost of a Lefthand M595/M695 rifle which were only £550 when I was buying up mine. There's a .223 (year 2000) advertised on here and GT for that price secondhand :rolleyes:

Possibly not as good as a 12-year old malt from that era but definitely rarer.

Hi I ordered mine after speaking to mel emailed dick at red hawk rifles told him what I was after he posted it on the 6th of this month, I followed it on a tracking system from Canada into the uk, it arrived in the uk on the 14th and will be in Glasgow ready to pick up on Tuesday the 21st, the cost including custom charges and taxes it worked out at £195 bell and Carlson stock with full alloy bedding block, post picks when it's here.:0)

Almost anything would be an improvement on the factory T3 stock. Replacing the superior M595/M695 Lefthand stock with a lower T3 Classic style doesn't seem to me to be a sound idea - unless of course you're sold on 'synthetics'.

At the OP's guesstimate the replacement stock is more than half the cost of a Lefthand M595/M695 rifle which were only £550 when I was buying up mine. There's a .223 (year 2000) advertised on here and GT for that price secondhand :rolleyes:

Possibly not as good as a 12-year old malt from that era but definitely rarer.

Dont no if you got your wires crossed but the stock in that link is a laminate stock and certainly far superior to any tikka stock I've come across and that is a few,I detest synthetic stocks that's for sure......

Last edited:
Back