Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did muntjac really do this?

Did muntjac really do this?

So I took a wander down to one of my permissions tonight to see what was about. I haven't been there for quite a while, certainly not since the the cover's been up. I saw 2 muntjac both unshootable but good to see all the same. My main mission had actually been to go and set up a trail camera. Anyway, after I'd lost the light I went back to the car, grabbed the trail cam and set off to where I knew I wanted to set it up - I couldn't stalk that area earlier due to noise under foot. When I got there I was surprised to see such an extensive path literally eaten through the nettles, most places it was about a metre wide, with many junctions and routes off in all directions. I was amazed, I'd never seen anything quite so extensive. Did muntjac really do all that? I can't wait to see the trail camera footage which is now covering a junction in the network...

Would be really interesting to see the results of a trail cam. I'm hoping for decent results from mine

in short no , its not all muntjac , proberbly mostly badger , maybe a litter of fox cubs . Thing is badger start it and everything else follows these paths

Not Munties, something else has started it and munties will be are using it. It could be someone taking their dog for a walk. Fallow may be using it or it could be badgers or foxes.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

badgers make paths like that and then others use them, i would quess if you follow it it will lead to an sett or under a fence where you will see badger hair on it

its them umpalumpa's again.

doubt its muntjac. i would look for signs of activity, were there any condoms or fag packets lying around?

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    doubt its muntjac. i would look for signs of activity, were there any condoms or fag packets lying around?
    Unless the local undesirables eat nettles (they're not trampled flat) and enjoy a bit of nettle sting action on their ball bag I am confident this was not human made! This is 100% animal made, and from what I know of the area it has not had a visit from humans. The trail cam will hopefully reveal all.