Finished my sticks today...
Went down the Forester stick route; made a few (a lot of) mistakes - but have learned for the next set!
- 10ft Hardwood dowel (Ash) (£10.25);
- Old Brass sleeved bolt from a bed (free - pennies);
- fake (polyester) sheepskin/fleece (free - pennies, "borrowed" from my kids school craft kit);
- Some old piano key ivories - to cover over mistakes and to sit the magnets behind (free - taken from one of my wife’s old pianos I "disassembled" when we moved house);
- Whiteboard magnets (free - pennies, "liberated" from work)
- Exterior Woodstain (free - pennies);
- Bison wax polish (free - pennies); and
- Six hours hiding in the garage not being nagged about having my feet up/not having finished work/not doing the washing up/ the kids whining (priceless).
Shows the origional Ash Dowel split, the trial spiral cut with coping saw and the test staining.
Magnets recessed in the wood and then one of the ivories laid over the top to keep them from touching.
Range time tomorrow