Reloading for the first time.

Alan413

Hi I am looking to start reloading but I don't no where to start. Would be great if someone could share some info. Do I need to go on a starter coarse. Does it cost a lot to get set up. How the hell do I do it.
Cheers alan

Ok mate - if you have any burning questions - just ask!
There are lots of seasoned reloaders on here that could help

ATB
Daz

Hi I am looking to start reloading but I don't no where to start. Would be great if someone could share some info. Do I need to go on a starter coarse. Does it cost a lot to get set up. How the hell do I do it.
Cheers alan
Alan. It's worthwhile looking at BASC and BDS websites. I am in the BDS SE Scotland branch and our branch regularly holds evenings on reloading. The BDS branch in your area may do similar events. There are courses held, but I've never met someone who has been on one. Ideally you need someone locally to guide you and can look over your shoulder as you load rounds up. The Lee reloading manual is a very good book to read for starters. The other thing to consider is loads require testing. I need to drive ~60 miles to test my loads so having somewhere handy to shoot test loads is important.

Good luck. JCS

Go on a course or at least read a manual like 'ABCs of reloading by Bill Chevalier'. At least then you can avoid making any basic mistakes which can be potentially very dangerous and you will be able to discern the good advice from the bad when you are reading stuff on the forum.

Go on a course or at least read a manual like 'ABCs of reloading by Bill Chevalier'. At least then you can avoid making any basic mistakes which can be potentially very dangerous and you will be able to discern the good advice from the bad when you are reading stuff on the forum.

+1. Read as many published pieces as you can. One Book One Caliber are also worth having.
Treat load data you see on forums with a dose of caution, it doesn't take much beyond transversing some numbers e.g. 56gr 65grfor the tears to flow and what works in 1 gun may not work in another.

Enjoy, it's a rewarding part of the game.

Back