Waiting for the pups.

Danger Mouse

Well I'm sat here at the computer and in the little room next to me I have an expectant mother, she is my little working Cocker Meg. She is getting quite restless now and keeps digging her bedding up and making her nest, hasn't eaten today at all and had no interest in going for a walk when we took the older one out. So it looks like tonight is the night, she is due tomorow, so it looks like it'll be bang on with the predictions. :D

Poor lass doesn't know what to do, but for the main she is just staying quiet on her own. Bless!

Hoping all goes well, worrying time but they always seem to get it right, even the first time.
Fingers crossed she doesnt start labour in the middle of the night and keep you up all night.

pups

Hi DM
Pound to a penny, i'll have some of that , ;)
take the 2p out of my winnings and send me £1.98p :lol:
Good luck to you and your little lady , hope you both get through
it OK :lol: :lol:
JayJay

Get a grip leave the bitch alone she's got more experience than the lot of you put together no matter what age she is .

Ive 5 springer's all bitches and Ive never seen any of them pup with 13 pups from one of them in her first and only pup I only take 1 litter of pups from a bitch just to keep my line going .

The more interference from you the more chance she'll eat them, happened to a mate of mine his wife was all over the bitch like a rash, after the bitch had the last pup there was a bigger fuss over the pups the bitch had enough of that and scoffed the lot ,when her back was turned she phoned me a total wreck wondering why ,since then they have left the bitches they have alone to pup with as little intervention as possible ,without any problems .

Get a grip leave the bitch alone she's got more experience than the lot of you put together no matter what age she is .

Ive 5 springer's all bitches and Ive never seen any of them pup with 13 pups from one of them in her first and only pup I only take 1 litter of pups from a bitch just to keep my line going .

The more interference from you the more chance she'll eat them, happened to a mate of mine his wife was all over the bitch like a rash, after the bitch had the last pup there was a bigger fuss over the pups the bitch had enough of that and scoffed the lot ,when her back was turned she phoned me a total wreck wondering why ,since then they have left the bitches they have alone to pup with as little intervention as possible ,without any problems .

widows son said:

Totally agree

Well what a night thats just been.

Meg was starting in labour (we presume) about 8pm and so I decided to stay with her for as long as it took. (in the next room) Well at 3am we had finished with all the frantic nesting that goes off and at 3:30am the water bag came free. We presumed that within the hour she would start giving birth. Wrong, nature wasn't going to take it's course, at 5:30am we were on our way to the Vets as she wasn't having any contractions and the vet was thinking that it had gone on long enough. A quick xray revealed that there were 6 pups waiting to be born. Meg was given a Calcium injection to help with the contractions, and within 5 minutes out popped the first little boy. Followed 5 minutes later by another little boy.
Nothing else happened in the next ten minutes and so we were told to go home and see what happened, if by 8:45 she still hadn't had all 6 we were to return to the vets for some more birth enducing drugs. Well within 30 minutes of getting home she had brought another 2 into the world, 2 little girls this time and she was looking after them realy well.
8:45 arrived and we were still 2 pups light, I rang the vet and she told me to bring her straight back without delay, More drugs and she dropped one on the floor in the vets, a quick dash home and reunited her with the pups and at 10:15 the last of them was born, another little girl. We don't know what the 5th one is yet but we think it's a girl. They're all black, one has a white blaze and 3 have a white diamond on their foreheads, the rest are solid black.

Mum and pups all doing well and the pups are very strong too.

Well I think that I deserve a kip now, I'm knackered.

Photo's later guys.

Photo016.jpg

Photo015-1.jpg

Back