Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butchery Course

Butchery Course

I am looking for a butchery course to tidy up my knife skills as most of my venison eats well but is not pretty.

Bit of a trek for you - but we're in a lovely part of the world and right on the Malt Whiskey trail - just waiting on confirmation from our butcher - should be running two courses in July/ August.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Check out a member called: Buckbones on here. He is near Leicester and has run a few courses like that where you get to butcher a deer and then take the animal you cut up home with you.

I've seen buckbones advert on here, seems a cracking offer. Only problem is he's a bit too far away for me. Would love to find someone doing a similar course in the north east.

Speak to Buckbones, Andrew, and you may find that at certain times of the year his "course" is more attractive.

as has been said, speak to buckbones, hes a top bloke and wont take him long to put you right

If you are a bds member the activity day held at Cornharrow is excellent. The butchery display by Frank is first class.

Contact Spiker or Dalkur on here.

BDS Region - South West Scotland
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

+1 for Buckbones

I had him up here a few weeks back doing a butchery course with me & he really knows his stuff.
    He's a good guy & will put you right in no time.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

There is a Butchery Course for 4 people in the BDS summer auction currently with no bids

If you can come up to ma gaff i will give you a demo how to butcher a deer in my time in no time simple as that