Wanted: Butchery Course

Bit of a trek for you - but we're in a lovely part of the world and right on the Malt Whiskey trail - just waiting on confirmation from our butcher - should be running two courses in July/ August.

Check out a member called: Buckbones on here. He is near Leicester and has run a few courses like that where you get to butcher a deer and then take the animal you cut up home with you.

I've seen buckbones advert on here, seems a cracking offer. Only problem is he's a bit too far away for me. Would love to find someone doing a similar course in the north east.

Speak to Buckbones, Andrew, and you may find that at certain times of the year his "course" is more attractive.

Stan

as has been said, speak to buckbones, hes a top bloke and wont take him long to put you right

+1 for Buckbones

I had him up here a few weeks back doing a butchery course with me & he really knows his stuff.
He's a good guy & will put you right in no time.

If you can come up to ma gaff i will give you a demo how to butcher a deer in my time in no time simple as that:p

A friend, who is a butcher, and I, are planning one at Llandrillo College (Colwyn Bay way) in the new season. I have checked with JAYB and it will be at cost, so ok to advertise on here. pm me for more details, but won't be until after August. AM will be butchery and splitting down a carcass with the afternoon being more based on cooker of venison. Hands on stuff.

Last edited:
Another recommendation for Buckbones. Great course, very hands on, ang you get to keep what you work on. It is tailored for stalkers,as it shows you how to " break it down " into it's components so you can get it home in a cool box. Very usefull if you are away fo a few days.
Neil

Hi sikadog, anytime you've got a carcase to cut up get in touch.Im only in n wales,I'd
be happy to show you how i do them.

Hi Keith,

Jelen are in the final stages of organising our butchery course, and will be publishing the dates next week. The course will run in conjunction with our DSCL2 either as a bolt-on to the DSC2' or as a stand-alone course.

The course will include venison to take home with you, as well as a set of quality butchery knives and bone saw as part of the deal. The cost will be £195.00 for the day.

Let me know if you are interested. The Butchery course will most likely be held in Northamptonshire.

Best regards,

Mike.

+1 more for Buckbones.

Andrews course is excellent, informative, very hands on, including techniques for further processing.. sausages, boning out .. etc

Good all round bloke and thoroughly recommended.

PM him and see what he can do?

Regards

Fraser

Bit of a trek for you - but we're in a lovely part of the world and right on the Malt Whiskey trail - just waiting on confirmation from our butcher - should be running two courses in July/ August.

This is where I met Andy and we became 'friends' - I am sure most of my friends do not comment on my nose as much as him but never mind.... anyway. I learned loads in a great environment and to be honest I love it up there, I am back there for my hols next week with the family a few 'play' days on my own in September.

Heartily recommended.

I now have this sorted.
I was called out to a local butcher who's walk in fridge was only getting down to 12c so I sorted for him and when he asked how much did he owe me,I asked what he knew about dressing deer and he as agreed to show me how to do it free of charge and paid me to fix his fridge as well.

Back