Incredible lung shot

un-b-lievable had a very similar experiece with the last buck I shot, If I hadn't of seen the exit hole I would have sworn blind that I missed it and that was with a 170gr bullet. Amazing what adrenalin can do

Great piece of video John - thanks for that. Must have missed everything else in there! The rear leg kick out is classic for the lung shot - nice to illustrate the DMQ question on same.

John

I was speaking to Doublefour on here about the cameras and he suggested you had maybe purchased the newer model of his. What are you using for this footage? I assume it has some 'anti-shake' facility switched on for the scene you are walking in on the buck?

Ta

Good footage John, do you think perhaps the lung tissue bunging up the hole like that could have been responsible for keeping the blood pressure up enough to buy him a few more seconds running time?

Shot a little low?

I think that's just the way he is lying. You can see the hole while the buck is running and height looks centre of the body to me, through both lungs just behind the heart.

Last edited:
Nice quality video.,,,,,,,,

What was behind the hedge?
there was a kiddies play area but pikies were camped on it.
(i will not rise anymore to such questions)
the camera is a sony cx130 HD and its on auto aall the time so the anti-shake is on.
also it has a chip if you look at the video from yesterday it was almost dark and its the only camera i have seen which would have filmed anything in that light.

Apologies, it was a genuine question, all I could see what a hawthorne hedgerow, obviously the bullet has passed through the animal and I wondered where, after passing through the animal the bullet would be stopped.

If there is a kiddie play area with a traveller encampment behind, then that is a very irresponsible shot (to allow to be taken and take)

Possibly there was some degree of sarcasm in your answer.

Regarding armchair comments;

They may be taken from the perspective of a viewer, however, as the camera appears right next to the shooter, the angle the shot is taken appears to have the hedge as the backstop.

As I know several FEO's view what is posted on line, in particular looking for unsafe practices, I am merley pointing out that the shot didnt appear to have such a backstop, which one would consider to be adequate.

Now if safety is an armchair occupation, i'm all for it, because its one thing we as shooters shouldnt compromise on.

The video, as I initially posted, is excellent quality.

I value my certificates, and would hate to see someone lose theirs because of something posted on the web...

Only comment i would say would be id have followed up with a second shot just in case when it stopped but other than that great footage

There was a kids play area there but because of the pikies thought no one would care. YAWN.
Dont think you would recognise sarcasm if it hit you fron behind a hedge.

good shot placement, john knows his ground and would not let a client take a shot if it was not safe,,, end of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back