Thread: A great weekend with my 8 year old son.

Talking A great weekend with my 8 year old son.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	venison.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	15824

Well how good was last weekend, I took my 8 year old son stalking for the first time away from his mum and what a ball we had.

we was acomponied with his grandad george and young john aka tractor boy as you all may recall being the star of deako's thread retard get's stuck.

Any how we all awake at 3 am and yes Jamie included more keen then any of us to get started we set off to the beet, after dropping tractor off we proceed to make our way to the far side of the shoot.

We aproched a large grass field and found our first buck of the weekend, I was steady very soon on the stick's and a nod from J he was ready to watch the first beast of the weekend was down.

to say He was so over whemled is an under statement.

We went on to meet young john also with a buck that morning and then off for breakfast.

Later that evening we went in search again only for jamie's grandad to miss a rather good buck but the stalk into it was so good it was superb.

As we waited to pick young john up a the meet point , he again emerged with another nice 4 pointer.

Saturday evening progressed and I decided my young son was so tired I would not venture out in the morning, also I had to drive home I would leave it to hid grandad and young john.

As we woke at 9 am not even heard them go out at 4 we was amazed that again young john had managed to shoot another buck.

Well done to him and more importantly well done to young Jamie

To say I am proud is an under statement.

I was trying to show a picture of the venison processed but can't seem to manage it .

All the best mark and J.
    Last edited by Mark 1; 25-05-2012 at 12:14. Reason: pic

Nice one Mark, same age as my lad who's just starting to get into it. He's been pigeon shooting with me but I've not had the opportunity to take him stalking yet.
    The wife's out shopping on Saturday so I'll be coming for a mooch round the shop
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox