Loosing heads!! No not again arhhh!

Paul at Fechan

I had a real pretty roe head under a bucket with a stone on it til I could sort it and it was there on monday after the weekend but went to get it this evening, piff puff poof, the stones off and the heads gone with the bucket on it's side :(

This is the second head I've lost that I really wanted to get up on the wall. My only ever cracking muntie head fell out my tree on a windy night a couple of days after I got it and the fox that sometimes comes through the garden must have robbed in and now this! :eek:

Me and that charlie are going to have words :evil: fu<£er

i feel your pain mate! i had just finished 2 roe buck heads in the boiler weds, put them on the wall in the garden went in for a coffee 10 mins later the dog trots in with one of the antlers! the buggers had eaten the skulls! just the 2 sets of spikes left in the grass:cry:

lost 2 heads too foxes the other week, now got 2 more heads Ty rapped up a tree hope the fox dosnt climb!

Either do them right away or if you don't have time get a freezer, got forty odd in the freezer from this season already, will make a start on them this weekend.

can't fit a sparrow in my freezer at the mo but if she gets another freezer it will somewhere else for here to pile stuff on I suppose :doh:

I picked up an old chest freezer its out in the shed just keep it for heads, its not possible for me to do my clients heads on a daily basis as not all my stalking is from home stay away quite a bit, so freezer at stalking ground and freezer at home, luckily my clients are all repeat so collect trophy's on return visit.

Stay at B&B when away have larder and chill unit there but need to be discreet
boiler just to upsetting for some b&b clients.

Last edited:
I'll tell you whats even grimmer, I bet the fox that stole those heads was one of them good harmless ones :stir:

Done this once myself, my first 'six pointer' was out in the garden to clean. Came out one day and it was gone! I just boil them now and it's much quicker.

I only managed to recover the lower jaw after much searching :lol:

A young friend of mine carried this first Red's head around in the boot of his car for a couple of months until
we couldn't stand the smell in the car park at at the club house and band him from attending meetings.
Robert.

Forty odd is this a record.was this roe. if not how many can you get in a chest freezer.
If thats roe you must you must have some of the best stalking around one every other day.
Please tell us more and how long it takes you to clean that lot. The photo's going to look good.
Well done i am green with envoy. woodfordfallow post five

Last edited:
Forty odd is this a record.was this roe. if not how many can you get in a chest freezer.
If thats roe you must you must have some of the best stalking around one every other day.
Please tell us more and how long it takes you to clean that lot. The photo's going to look good.
Well done i am green with envoy. woodfordfallow post five

Can get around fifty Roe heads in the freezer though its a tight squeeze, and yes probably do have some of the best Roe stalking around , though this is no hobby its a full time job for me, will have over a 100 Roe heads to prepare in the season, then theres the Does of course [ thank god they don't have antlers]

Aim to have all the Roe trophy's completed before starting the stags in September.

Done eight Roe heads this morning and they are now in the peroxide, should really go and take some more out of the freezer to do tomorrow, but I'm a bit lacking in enthusiasm.

I have a head in the larson trap at the moment, the magpie has stripped it,
now the call bird has gone, it can sit there safe for another few weeks.

I have a head in the larson trap at the moment, the magpie has stripped it,
now the call bird has gone, it can sit there safe for another few weeks.

Can't understand why you don't just boil them and be done with it, never get them really clean if the maggots have been at them, you end up having to boil them anyhow, and its a lot more work than if you do them straight off.

Hang it hidden up but not in hazel type tree but use wire coz the squirrels will chew through string or cable ties

Back