Moderator?

ricky5042

Hi all does anyone know how long my mod will last if i leave it on my rifle?
or if i can clean it to make it last longer.
Its an asa northstar ultra
Thanks

Richard

dont leave it on your rifle mate it will fcuk your rifle quicker than anything, the gases from the mod will corrode the barrel very quickly,atb wayne

the northstar wont corrode like a t8 as its stainless but as wayne says it will play havoc with the crown on yr rifle ,so remove when stored i always put a little lube on the thread when replacing the thread protector ,you cant beat a bit of lube :D
regards
norma

the northstar wont corrode like a t8 as its stainless but as wayne says it will play havoc with the crown on yr rifle ,so remove when stored i always put a little lube on the thread when replacing the thread protector ,you cant beat a bit of lube :D
regards
norma

Thanks for that chap :)

Richard

asw above dont leave it on your rifle...i give mine a good spray with wd40 let it drain away then a good wipe with a oily rag..

However if you buy a decent moderator there is no need to have WD40 anywhere near a rifle :stir:.

IMHO the further away the WD40 from a gun is the better :old:.

3 in 1 and WD40 are as bad as each other. In fact, aren't they more or less the same and from the same company?
Eezox is far superior in my opinion...

Yup - despite what some people say, WD40 is such bad news for anyone with a wooden stock be it rifle or shotgun - it breaks up the fibres in wood. In the business my chums are in (gun repairs) many a time have we seen the effects of WD40 at the head of the stock - What am I saying - keep up the good work WD40 boys !!

A friend of mine never took his moderator off his .300winmag, the rifle lasted about a year and a half before being un shootable in the state it got into, the bore ended up with extensive pitting and now he is considering a rebarrel or an altogether new rifle.

Back