Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breast saw

breast saw

hi, as the title say's but the type like a normal knife shape, not the t handle type. anyone sell them on here.
    cheers stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

got mine from the garden centre you can go real cheap or silky fox type are expensive say from a 5 up to 40

The BDS shop has them
    By the way, it is about 27cm OAL, not 27 cm blade as stated in the advert
    Last edited by JabaliHunter; 28-05-2012 at 18:27.

Attached is a link to deer legend, Dave Stretton's website. The breast bone saw is the third one down. Dave cuts the teeth on these saws himself using a jig. The saw cuts on the pull stroke, which makes them much easier and safer to use on a beast.

I'm not sure if the knifes that Dave makes the saws from are Sheffield, but he could do you one from a Smithfield if it's important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    hi, as the title say's but the type like a normal knife shape, not the t handle type. anyone sell them on here.
    cheers stav
    Hello Stav,

I bought 2 from Scewfix, the catalogue number is 53642 4;99p, actually there are a number of them on the same page..ouch very sharp though

The OutDoor Edge version is a very handy piece of kit - maybe not the cheapest product around at 19.95 however you do get an FOC 6" Mora boning knife in with the deal - both are quality products.

Cant go wrong with one of these, 7.98 from B&Q....

The DS bone saw is brilliant! I used to have one and when I lent it out I never got it back! I currently use the bush wear 6 job and it's good but not what your looking for.

Yep, the Outdoor edge stuff is unbeatable in my opinion - available from Jelen including the free 6"boning knife.

Hi Stav

In reply to our pm handle shape is below (also the value added product...)