Removing a gun Cabinet

Dan Newcombe

How easy it is to remove a gun cabinet.

Im moving my certificates to my new house and so i need to remove my cabinet. Its secured to the wall with bolts that 'wind' a nut back along their length as you tighten them and expand a metal jacket to grip the wall, kind of like a pop rivet!

Can i take these out easily?

Dan

Are they these (Rawlbolts)?

p4756925_l.jpg

If so, just unscrew them. You'll be left with the expanding part in the wall but you can usually fish them out.

Drew

Sorry,

Next question is, how do i file for a change of address?

Do i do it with my current force or do i transfer the guns and just tell the police in the new area?

Can i put in for a variation and removal of supervision at the same time to save costs?

Dan

Can't help with the variation question but for address change you tell your current issuing force by post, (most forces have a form that you can download), they then inform your new force (if you change forces) or send a FEO round to check your new security arrangements.

At least that's how it has been for me on my recent move

Hello Mossy Dog,
You must inform your FEO of your move ASAP. When you send your certificate in for the change of address which is free you can apply for a variation at the same time but it will cost £26.

as said tell them both,

as to the rawlbolts, if you re insert the bolt a few turns and push in, the whole thing should pull out.

as said tell them both,

as to the rawlbolts, if you re insert the bolt a few turns and push in, the whole thing should pull out.

Thankyou everyone for your input.

I think that il tell both forces as its no skin off my nose and covers all bases!

As always, very quick and sound advice!

Dan

You might want to check your guns into your local RFD whilst your putting your new cabinet in! Read about a guy who was doing this and old bill came round to inspect, he hadn't secured the cabinet to the wall yet and he got into alot of trouble :(

Back