Wanted: Break Pine Marten's duck !

SikaJames

Poor old "Pine Marten".
He's new to stalking and is mustard keen to learn the ways of deer management, and how to fill his freezer.
Sadly, his first two outings have not yielded venison. You can read his humorous posts elsewhere on SD :D

I can't help him bag his first roe until the winter doe cull. Is there anyone out there who can take him out and "break his duck" with a cull buck ?

He lives in west London, and will jump on a train to anywhere. I've shot game & clays with him for years, and he used to shoot rifle some years ago (when at uni). He's not yet got his own rifle again, but is working towards it with British Sporting RC. He's also passed his DSC 1 this winter, so he's a genuine guy -- not just some wannabe bambi-bashing numpty.

Go ahead make his day! Send "Pine Marten" an mail.

SikaJames

Had him out earlier this year, but no luck ! Although he asked to come back again on the Bucks, I am just about filled out for this season on them. However I did tell him to book for later in the autumn/winter when there is a reasonable amount of space still left in my diary for Fallow doe's and Roe doe's.

So Pine Marten, get in touch and we can make a date for later in the year.

Best wishes

Sikamalc

Thanks for the ringing endorsement James.

Further to my enquiries on the SD, I've had a couple of very kind offers of help later this summer which I intend to take up. As you know, I'll probably be torn away from fieldsports from October for the next couple of months at least, so I probably have about as many offers as I can realistically accept for now. Especially as I have a series of mandatory appearances at the BSRC to make by then also.

However, I do need to speak to Malc about a roe doe stalk sometime around Christmas, so Malc, I'll drop you an email!

I sent PM a email with our rates etc never heard anything back. Sadly I am not in a position to offer freebies so I guess its not that attractive.

:rolleyes:

I sent PM a email with our rates etc never heard anything back. Sadly I am not in a position to offer freebies so I guess its not that attractive.

We don't offer freebies either, so it's a good thing you are not advertising:eek:

John

We don't offer freebies either, so it's a good thing you are not advertising:eek:

John

John I joined this site on the 01-09-2008. I have never placed an advert, he posted a thread stating he was looking to shoot his first deer and he had obviously had a run of bad luck so I sent him a pm to try and help him out.

He is the first person I have ever sent my rates to and I expect he will be the only one.

If you want me to pay for 1 months trade membership then feel free to let me know.

Your fine, just checking we have to keep an eye on things, sad but true.

John

Hello eggy s.

I apologise for that, I received your message when I was doing something else and it then slipped my mind. I was indeed offered a stalk free of charge at the same time and so I took that offer up. However I should have replied to you anyway, sorry.

Hi Pine Marten,hi all,It was me that took out Pine Marten for a free stalk. I am stacked out with Muntis and felt sure we would get at least one for him.
It was with trepidation that I made the offer as I have tried to help people get on in stalking as I know from my own experiences how difficult it can be.
Trepidation I say! is because I have been stitched up a couple of times by selfish people.
This guy has a great attitude towards deer and I will be having him back after some of this bloody oilseed rape has gone down.I now anticipate that a few of us could get caught up in a race to get him his first deer.Come on you guys he uses public transport to get out give him a go.If you beat me getting him one ,come and have a go with me in Northants.
Since he was with me I have taken 7 muntis from the area we were in.One was Saturday a.m. with a young lad who had not shot a deer before.
See you soon Pine Marten

Back