30-06 Loads

unicorn71

Hi just aquired a 30-06 and wondered what loads everyone is using , i was
planning to use 150-165 grain bullets, but as for powder choice e.t.c i have
no idea .Thanks U71

I have had some done for me.

first batch were
150gr Sierra soft points, 52gr of H380. These were doing 2650fps.
New batch
150gr Sierra soft point, 55gr of h380. These are now doing 2825fps.

They will sub 1" if I do my bit.

This is through a T3 lite stainless with a 20" barrell and a JET Z on the front

Jonathon

About 60 years ago, an American gun writer opined that a man could set out to test every already established load for the 30-06, testing two of them every week, and die of old age before he reached his goal. His advice, when asked this same question, was to choose the appropriate bullet weight, pick a powder, and set to work.~Muir

(I like 4895 for lighter bullets, 4350 and then 4831 for the heavier bullets.)

I use 150 grn Sierra Pro hunter bullets with 50 grns of Varget behind it. CCI magnum primers. gets 2900 feet per second and very accurate through my CZ.
Tusker.

i use 150 grn winchester pp on 46 grns of vectan sp7 , they get there .and the brasses hold up well

I use 150gn sierra pro hunter sp with 46gn h4895 through my parker hale. This load also suits nobler 150 gn bt . Also use 125gn sierra sp with 48gn 4895

Hi just aquired a 30-06 and wondered what loads everyone is using , i was
planning to use 150-165 grain bullets, but as for powder choice e.t.c i have
no idea .Thanks U71

Hi I use 150grn Sierra Pro Hunters in Sako cases Ferderal primers and 51.5grns Vihtavouri N140 also
150grn Sierra Game Kings same cases and primers and 52.5grns Vihtavouri N140. Both group well and give clean kills. Hope this is of some use to you.

Kind regards Jimbo

Hi Chaps has anybody tried 30-06 MFS factory ammo.Hungarian ammunition manufacturing Ltd.
It has a full profile jacket 175gr head with the tip cut of! I am told it is the business for boar.
But I am worried if I shoot a roe with it because it is designed to open up deep in a big beast.
Would it pass through a roe before opening up sufficiently to prevent a clean kill.

Hi Chaps has anybody tried 30-06 MFS factory ammo.Hungarian ammunition manufacturing Ltd.
It has a full profile jacket 175gr head with the tip cut of! I am told it is the business for boar.
But I am worried if I shoot a roe with it because it is designed to open up deep in a big beast.
Would it pass through a roe before opening up sufficiently to prevent a clean kill.

I shoot a blunt nosed cast bullet weighing 175 grains out of my 30 cals. It looks like a brick. Kills deer dead as dead can be.~Muir

Use 56-58gns of H4350 (caveats apply work up) and your favorite 165gn. My favorites are nosler BTs for deer and partitions for hogs and elk. If it won't shoot this load well you don't need a gunsmith, you need an exorsist!!!! capt david

I`ve used the exact same rounds on roe, they work just fine mate.

Nice1 thanks for that I didn't want my to turn my next Roe to jelly. But if they have been proofed I will give them a go. Cheers

Back