Tracking Training Day

6pointer

Following on from the deer dog day .I am looking to organise a tracking training day for hounds / tracking dogs. I have spoke to a few people and they have suggested they would be interested. This day will be a training day only and any tracks laid will be for demonstration only. I am looking for around 6 people and there hounds. This will then be followed by a full tracking test day in the spring of next year.

PM Me if interested.

Last edited:
The day will be held in central Scotland in the Blantyre area on a large shooting range. This is an ideal area for demonstrations and the landowners have already agreed.
Colin your dog would be a tracking dog and is welcome any were now you that's different l:rofl:

308BOYwithGWP.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good idea,
but:
What sort of test? Age of trail,turns/bends etc
Who will judge?
Benchmark for success?
Will it clash with cookingfats day and Mark E's day from NGO?
What equipment can be used?

Marks NGO day is on the 22/23 sept and out BDS weekend of training and tests is on the 29/30 sept, because our days are so far south dont think it will clash to much with 6 pointers.
our track tests will be from 3 hours - 24 hours old, with blood and without blood depending what people what and with a distance of 600-1000 yards.

Tony

My raining day is not a test day but a day to train the Hound owners.There will be no tracks to do or judging of dogs.There might be at most a few small demo tracks of a few years to show how to lay one or how a dog should make the owner aware of the wound bed.If it clashes it can be moved.

Back