Primos trigger stick.

mj robson

Been using one of these for about a month now and I have to say I am very impressed.

I have the tripod set and it is so quick to set up and very steady on uneven ground, saves that extra few seconds when it matters.

Anyone thinking about buying new sticks I would highly reccommend saving up a bit extra and going for a set of these.

I've used these with 5 different clients this month and 3 of them have since bought a set.

Last edited:
Yup

Heard bout these n bout a set too

Seem to be the business
Haven't shot anything off of em yet but seem to be quick easy to use

Only thing I was thinking but it may not be an issue was that I didn't think they spread or opened very far to give a wider footprint for stability.... BUT .... After mounting the rifle on em and practising I think that will be unfounded

Paul

I had a set left x3 leg.
tried them a while don't like them never seen the point in 3 legs?
wouldn't waste £90
they are also heavy and noisy, just my opinion of them. but then i can shoot well enough of 2 legs.

I have the Primos Monopod, does what it says on the tin!
Very handy and it is silent and solid and smooth operating and ..................a good stick!

Been using one of these for about a month now and I have to say I am very impressed.

I have the tripod set and it is so quick to set up and very steady on uneven ground, saves that extra few seconds when it matters.Anyone thinking about buying new sticks I would highly reccommend saving up a bit extra and going for a set of these.

I've used these with 5 different clients this month and 3 of them have since bought a set.

I have Deerhunter Bipod and Tripod and the tripod is far superior as a shooting aid as it is 100% firmer near enough as good as benchrest and just as quick to deploy after short practise. In my opinion 3 legs are always better than 2 they give a more stable shooting platform.

Have thought of getting the Elite 5 leg shooting rest from Bushware has anyone had a set or used a set, would like to know if they are as easy to use as claimed.

Kind regards Jimbo

I have be been using a tripod version of the Primos trigger stick for over a year now and find them to be brilliant.

Yes they are not the lightest, however, lets not forget you are hopefully putting yourself in the situation where you are going to be carrying out 20KG+ of Roe deer, so if you find these sticks heavy you might want to consider another pastime!!!!!!!!

As for noise, I have deployed these sticks within 30 yards of a Roe doe who ended up as a cull statistic so I do not agree with previous comments on them being noisy........what on earth are you doing with them????:eek:

Make your own mind up, but I find these sticks work for me.

Regards

BP

I had a set left x3 leg.
tried them a while don't like them never seen the point in 3 legs?
wouldn't waste £90
they are also heavy and noisy, just my opinion of them. but then i can shoot well enough of 2 legs.

Well John, you might be able to shoot off bipod sticks, so can I. But how many of your clients can? Didn't I see you mention about how many misses you get in a year? If a steadier shooting platform means one extra buck, or one less wounded beast to follow up on then their well worth having.
The only noise I can get them to make is when you release the trigger and the legs drop to fully extended and hit a hard stop. I carry them fully extended to start with, then when I am setting them up pull the trigger to level them and drop the rest to the desired hight, perfectly silent, way faster then regular sticks (even Jimbo's Deerhunters) and level to shoot off no matter what the terrain, all done in 2 seconds!!
If you mean they are noisy because of the sticks knocking together, aren't most sticks? I carry all my sticks, not just the Primos, with 1 hand and I put a finger between each leg. It makes deploying them faster and stops any knocking, it's all down to what your used to.

Last edited:
Alot of those misses were "one of those things", not done anything different since same sticks and down to less then 1 in ten now so happy with that. just shot number 90 tonight and 7 misses this year(maybe 8, have to check).
still 90% shot off sticks, mind you the ruts coming and the misses will rise as the ranges get less:eek:
I don't mind clients bringing their quad sticks even but they carry them, i have my twin ones for the binos.
What ever works for you mate, they don't for me.

Back