Thread: McAkill again

McAkill again

Looks like "oor Kenny" is away on one of his rants again...

“It concerns me that gun owners, even those with a legitimate need for such weapons, can accumulate multiple firearms and that there is no apparent limit to what can be held,” he said. “It is one of the areas where the Scottish Government would, if given the proper powers over firearms in Scotland, aim to legislate to ensure that we can better control the number of lethal weapons in society and thereby help to protect and reassure the Scottish public.”

This sort of trash is very appealing to the general public, and helps power hungry politicians get more power.
    He is also on about the cost of firearms licences.

I didn't think he was going to stop at airguns.

Last edited by private fraser; 30-05-2012 at 16:42.

The thin end of the wedge!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

lethal weapons ................................ Hmmm so I gather the Scottish Parliment will also be looking at Banning things such as Golf Clubs, Screw drivers, baseball bats and of course cars. All of which are and have been used as "Lethal Weapons".

Perhaps it's time to do mental evaluations before these idiots are allowed into public office.

If only politicians would focus on disarming criminals and leave law-abiding citizens alone
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    The thin end of the wedge!
    and this is why we all......need to pull in the same direction!!, there are more fatalities using cars, and knife crime/fatalities have increased dramatically, do they ban them....NO, if you are not a member of BASC,BDS, or NGO, or indeed any other organisation that supports our sport, I really think you owe it to you and everyone who frequents this site to, in order that we can put up a well argued case for the present status quo

- - and there was me having a good day till now !
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

The Glasgow Herald's coverage quoted a bit more from MacAskill

The Justice Secretary said of the overall figures: "With recorded offences involving firearms in Scotland already at a 32-year low, today's figures emphasise the importance of a robust licensing scheme."

If the offences are at a record low, why not leave well alone? How many of the offences involved true firearms as opposed to air weapons or replicas, and how many of these were, or ever had been, legally held?

The Herald has now hidden the article on its website, you have to search for it, probably because of the number of posted comments slating MacAskill (including many from people who claim not to be shooters)

that's coming from a man who let a convicted terrorist home at the outrage of the rest of the world. The sooner the Snp get binned the better. They seem to be hell bent on turning Scotland to a dictatorship.