MIDGES , what do you guys use ?

after another evening of being eaten alive by midges, today ive a head like a golfball:eek:

what do you guys use ? ive tried skin so soft , jungle formula etc

ps you southerners have it easy:stir:

Hi like you Midges love to chew me alive over the years i have tried everything and nothing worked, i visited BADA website and saw Mosi-guard extra and thought would give it a go. Went last week in heat wave Midges everywhere they came toward me then soddied off so at long last have found something that works for me they never troubled me in three stalks. Give it a go its all natural no DEET and supposed to be good for Mosies, Midges and Ticks i can say the Midges and Ticks did not like it.

Kind regards Jimbo

I wondered if one of those thermacell things might work??

Anyone got any experience of those? I've been reluctant to buy one thus far.

after another evening of being eaten alive by midges, today ive a head like a golfball:eek:

what do you guys use ? ive tried skin so soft , jungle formula etc

ps you southerners have it easy:stir:
Scots_stalker, have you tried VEGIMITE?? apprently the Australian Armed Forces use this, take spoon ful couple of hours before you go out, and it permeates through your skin pores, same with garlic

Heading out in a couple of hours in the far north and will give the SMIDGE a go. Not tried it before but found skin so soft shite. Will let you no the results.
:lol:
ATB wallace

Notice I refused to splash myself in your feminine potion!

I fell asleep at the junction of a big ride, woke up getting eaten alive :lol:

You'll not beat the H.I.S net mate!

Tried a Thermacell a couple of times and I am still undecided. One occasion last year in an open topped 'doe box', midges out in big numbers. Did not think it was doing anything but then noticed everything was covered in hundreds of dead midges, the problem was they were arriving quicker than the vapours could kill them, and it also did not seem to deter them from biting you, they landed, bit, then died! Other worrying thing was that afterwards when walking back I started to feel very light headed and dizzy and was convinced that I had gassed myself aswell.

Last week though sat on a ride waiting to see what appeared but with an 'average' number of midges around (100's not 1000's) then it seemed to work well and kept them away.

Back