The big cat thread .

Acm

Hi all , thought I'd start this as kind of a register for events , opinions and no doubt general **** taking !
Early this week I had 2 lambs killed savagely .
They were 5 yards apart and one had clearly been dragged to the other . The first a Suffolk lamb weighing 40 kgs and had been bitten on the back of the head , and had rips down its back , this one had been dragged to the other . It had been gutted bar the stomach and intestines and the spine was broken .
The second was a north country mule cross bred lamb weighing 37 kgs but a larger stronger lamb . It seemed to have a bloody nose and an ear missing thinking this was not fatal I skinned it , to find puncture wounds ( as if someone had used a six inch nail ) right though the front quarter crushing the lungs and puncturing the heart and piercing both shoulders . It's my belief this was not a dog , at least not a domestic one , nor a fox . I had the vet out who tried to take DNA profiles to no avail . Obviously the lambs have now been incinerated . I farm 500 breeding ewes and 800 store lambs and I've seen an Alsatian attack lambs before but they weren't as brutal as this . They definitely were not shot . the remaining sheep in this field (80) have not returned to site since . Any thoughts or comments appreciated

Well call me a krank if you like but I have deffo seen a big black cat, in my area 2 years ago. And i'm out everyday and many nights and seen all deer and everything else in day and night conditions. what i saw was a "big cat"
they are out there.

I completely agree , I'm sure I've seen one when I lost a ewe in the woods at night whilst night lambing after chasing her on a quad she ran into some farmed pine where I'm sure I saw a large black cat run and jump over a river into some thicket .

Well here in Victoria, plenty of well respected people claim to have seen large cats of all descriptions, black, brown, cougar size things. There has never been one shot, trapped, remains found like skulls and large bones or caught on the thousands of trail cameras on trees in the bush in prime wildlife areas.
When someone shows me the real furry evidence of their existence I'll accept being called an idiot. What people "see" and what the animals are, are two different things
Until then dream on.
Grant

I was driving through an estate i stalk on sat and nearly ran off the road when a saw a large black animal 2 fields away from the road. Got bins on it and it turned into the estste owners lab bitch going native!

If id not had an opportunity to have a closer look, id have always wondered if id seen a big cat!

I saw something very Cat-like some years ago while lamping one night near Saltash just into Cornwall. My buddy confirmed he saw a long feline tail. We afterwards both agreed it was Puma like.

I was so taken aback, and not being able to identify my target I didnt shoot.

Apparently the keeper their said it wasnt the first time it had been seen.

Hi all , thought I'd start this as kind of a register for events , opinions and no doubt general **** taking !
Early this week I had 2 lambs killed savagely .
They were 5 yards apart and one had clearly been dragged to the other . The first a Suffolk lamb weighing 40 kgs and had been bitten on the back of the head , and had rips down its back , this one had been dragged to the other . It had been gutted bar the stomach and intestines and the spine was broken .
The second was a north country mule cross bred lamb weighing 37 kgs but a larger stronger lamb . It seemed to have a bloody nose and an ear missing thinking this was not fatal I skinned it , to find puncture wounds ( as if someone had used a six inch nail ) right though the front quarter crushing the lungs and puncturing the heart and piercing both shoulders . It's my belief this was not a dog , at least not a domestic one , nor a fox . I had the vet out who tried to take DNA profiles to no avail . Obviously the lambs have now been incinerated . I farm 500 breeding ewes and 800 store lambs and I've seen an Alsatian attack lambs before but they weren't as brutal as this . They definitely were not shot . the remaining sheep in this field (80) have not returned to site since . Any thoughts or comments appreciated

I have read your post carefully but I'm unclear as to why you think that a large powerful dog or dogs couldn't have killed your lambs. There are plenty of dogs out there such as bull cross lurchers which are much more powerful than the average Alsation and which would be easily capable of inflicting the type of damage you have described.

Can you put me at the top of the register on the NON believer side, for all the thousands of sightings reported not a spot of hard evidence....i will eat the first one produced....

I have read your post carefully but I'm unclear as to why you think that a large powerful dog or dogs couldn't have killed your lambs. There are plenty of dogs out there such as bull cross lurchers which are much more powerful than the average Alsation and which would be easily capable of inflicting the type of damage you have described.

I actually state "at least not a domestic dog" it could well be deer poaching dogs run by pikeys who just happened on my sheep , who knows

As likely to be aliens as a big cat, I recon I saw bright lights near a place called gatwick

Can you put me at the top of the register on the NON believer side, for all the thousands of sightings reported not a spot of hard evidence....i will eat the first one produced....
I'll sit down with you nell and I'll bring the BBQ sauce.
Grant

ah , the Dale Farm puma . There are NO big cats living loose in this country

Well here in Victoria, plenty of well respected people claim to have seen large cats of all descriptions, black, brown, cougar size things. There has never been one shot, trapped, remains found like skulls and large bones or caught on the thousands of trail cameras on trees in the bush in prime wildlife areas.
When someone shows me the real furry evidence of their existence I'll accept being called an idiot. What people "see" and what the animals are, are two different things
Until then dream on.

+1.

Not a scrap of evidence that they are living wild in UK.
I intend no disrespect to those who think they have seen something by saying that though.
How can a large Mammal exist, and presumably exist in sufficient numbers to breed, in the wild and leave no trace of its presence in this very crowded little Island?
I would also have presumed all the Stealth Cameras would have found something by now.
Yorkie.

He said if a member of the public came across one it would probably flee, but added that it could attack if cornered.
'It would probably run away and most probably be away before you saw it.
'If you do come face to face with a cat the advice is to stand still, raise your arms to make yourself look bigger and make a lot of noise, while backing away slowly.

And leave those mushrooms alone !!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...day-park-horse-mauled-puma.html#ixzz1wdMbSVrM

Well ill put my head on the block i've seen them a few times over the years but would never shoot one just to prove they are out there !
I'd never take a photo either because every idiot with a rifle from all over the country would descend on the area wanting to shoot it etc

Last edited:
Click

Click2

Click3

Click4

.......would you like brown sauce wilth that ?? :lol:

I promised myself i wouldnt get into this stupid debate ,but i cant help rising to the bait:rofl:

1 why in a land coming down with sheep and other easy prey ,why would a big cat try to eat a bloody horse...

2 Felicity was obviously a pet that had been abandoned and almost starved to death....

3 great pic deff a big cat, i will fetch my bib:rofl:

4 Only got as far as THE SUN need i say more...

I will starve to death waiting for a meal of big cat...

Back