Selling Boar meat?

Monkey Spanker

My vet asked me a question earlier about Boar which I couldn't answer but I'm sure somebody can. Somebody he knows locally (Suffolk) is thinking of starting a Boar farm. He is an experienced stalker of deer and asked the vet the limitations on selling boar meat? :confused: The wild game guide covers large wild animals i.e. deer but what about boar? I am a registered food business myself, but could I legally sell boar meat? I know DEFRA have given advice on minimum recomended calibres to shoot them with (.270) but apart from that seem to be in denial that they are in existance? I told him to register on here and ask questions so I'm sure he will be along shortly! Where do you draw the line between wild, free range and farmed? :confused:

I am pretty sure you will have to get the carcase tricanell tested this can be done by your self with a kit from defra i think but not sure on that one best to inquire ,your county council may be able to advice or will know where to get the information from , the BASC may have such information on it ATB ON THIS ONE MUDDY

I am pretty sure you will have to get the carcase tricanell tested this can be done by your self with a kit from defra i think but not sure on that one best to inquire ,your county council may be able to advice or will know where to get the information from , the BASC may have such information on it ATB ON THIS ONE MUDDY

Back