Early morning stalking

swarovski

Of late I can't seem to be bothered to get up so early to go,some of my stalking nearly an hour from home,I was like this last year.as much as I like going I just can't set my alarm for 3 am ish or just after.

iTS MORNINGS FOR ME AND A FEW EVENINGS IF I CAN GET THEM IN. NEED TO BE ON THE GROUND FOR 345 AT THE MOMENT BUT DONT BURN YOUR SELVES OUT OR THE RUT WILL SEEM LIKE A CHORE

Much prefer mornings the light is working with you in the morning not against you as in the evenings,might be a bit different for you lads that can pick and choose when to go, but doing it as a living can at least get head down
for a bit during the day, evening stalk its light to almost 11 PM up here at the moment time you get back do larder work and get a cuppa its about 12.30 AM need to be up again by 3.00 AM its hardly worth going to bed.

you've got your own stalking an hour from your home and you cant be bothered to get out of bed???? there's a lot of folk, myself included, that would snap someones arm off for our own ground, let alone an hour from home and you get folks that cant be bothered?:eek::evil:
Regards, Jez.

Don't be too hard on him Jez, some people are just not morning people and especially at this time of year! I'm something the same and will only do early mornings right in the middle of winter when sunrise here is around 0900. :)

I agree,the mornings are the best time,like one of you said the light is working with you,there is something special about dusk too,I've missed going to tell the truth,when you have worked all week it's nice to have a lay in.

I'm fortunate enough to live a 20 minute walk from my stalking , something which I am very great full for . I have had more success in the mornings.

I live 2 minutes drive from my nearest ground,I do early mornings at my furthest grounds and evenings at local grounds usually,I do mix it occasionly

It's a long day up at 3am,I find I feel more knackered following day

iTS MORNINGS FOR ME AND A FEW EVENINGS IF I CAN GET THEM IN. NEED TO BE ON THE GROUND FOR 345 AT THE MOMENT BUT DONT BURN YOUR SELVES OUT OR THE RUT WILL SEEM LIKE A CHORE

That is very early guys , I find that particularly with roe there is no need to get out on the ground before light/so early, your more likely to cause disturbance.
I get out there by 5.30 ish so not so painfully early, and good light so you don't bump them. Roe seem to mooch about for a good couple of hours or more after that.
I'm also lucky with the furthest drive to my ground is 15 mins, I don't think mornings would be so apealing if it was over an hour each way.

Back