Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Stalking Directory Help for Heroes Shoot at Monmouth

Crunch Time - SD/H4H Shoot at Monmouth.

Some time ago I posted details of the 2012 Stalking Directory H4H shoot at Monmouth and have posted regular reminders ever since. I have also emailed details of the shoot to a significant number of shooters who have either expressed interest in shooting this year or have shot in previous events. Over the last two years this shoot has raised nearly £3,000 in aid of Help for Heroes and has also created a lot of friendships and generated a considerable amount of goodwill. This yearís shoot is planned for Sunday the 24th June but with just over two weeks to go I have only received 10 actual entries. In light of the poor response to date I have therefore decided to give it one last go and if I donít receive a significant increase in entries by the end of the week I am going to cancel the shoot. So if you are seriously interested in taking part this year and have yet to submit your entry contact to me in the next couple of days otherwise I will have very little option other than to cut my losses and cancel.
    This is not an event that you can simply turn up and shoot you must pre book your entry.

It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

OK Mike!, I know Miffy & Keith are going, I'll give em a bell!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks Steve, I've just replied to your pm. I hope you will all be able to make the shoot and look forward to meeting you all again.

That's just given me a kick up the backside to get my entry in too Mike, sorry! I had been waiting for work to make a decision on that weekend but it's all good!

Edited to add: I've copied this post as a Sticky in General
    Last edited by csl; 05-06-2012 at 15:01.

Things are finally starting to move and entries are coming in now but rather later and slower than I would have hoped.

P.S. Alex your cheque arrived today.

Come on folks, sounds like a good event!

Yes guys it should be a good day. Macberran and his good wife will be providing the lamb roast which those that have attended in previous years will know is well worth coming for alone. The lamb is reared on his own farm only a mile or so from the range and the bread rolls are baked first thing in the morning by Mrs. Macberran who gets up at 4.00 a.m. to do so, Mrs 8x57 doesn’t even know that such an early hour exists its a good job she doesn’t stalk then. Buckup will be assisting Macberran, we are currently looking for a little French maids outfit for him to wear. Also we are running a prize draw with as usual prizes of significant value including stalking and shooting equipment.

Good stuff looking forward to it.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

pheasants doing well and bens got the day off his estate so looks like we will both be there again
    trophy coming back to the south west for the third year running regards pete .