Shooting sticks

6.5shooter

Hi all,
Im after a new set of sticks to shoot off but what have you all got and what do tou recommend?
My local shop doesnt stock any so I have to order off the net so its a pain as I cant try before I buy.

Regards

Garry

Recently put some new sticks together using some garden canes and a bicycle inner tube. My purchased sticks' adjustable legs have gone pearshaped so I'm back using the garden canes which in my mind are far better and easier to carry.

I leave the front left cane longer than the others so when I go to put the rifle on the sticks I just slide it down the longer cane and it sits exactly where it should in the front V, the back V just has a length of inner tube taped on there to rest the rifles butt in. I can also adjust, and swivel, the setup by using one hand on the longer cane.

Cost about a £10 to make - the local cycle shop was happy to give me a couple of old inner tube for nothing so I will just replace the rubber as needed instead of drilling and bolting the canes together. Took about 20 minutes to put together.

Mel

001.JPG002.jpg003.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Garry

I bought a pair of sticks in Germany they are manufactured by LEKI, basically they are an adjustable hight bi pod set which has a cord attached with a rubber foot. you set them up like a normal pair of stick but stand on the rubber foot and push the sticks forward, the cord tightens giving you the benefit of a third leg. This is a very stable platform and I've hot many deer using them. They are called KNOBLOCH - JAGD, they are not the cheapest sticks around but are very light weight and can be reduced don to approx 24" up to about 5'. I would deffinatley try and track a set down.

Cheers
Keith

Hi Garry,

I would recommend the 3 legged type.
This is a version that Scott County are selling, thought utttings.com do them but couldn't find them on their website, should be able to get them cheaper on other shooting websites.
http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Shooting-Stick-Lux-from-Seeland-Aiming-Bipods-4162.htm

Another version is the Polecat standing rapid pivot tripod.
Bit more expensive than a normal 3 legged bipod but it clicks onto your rifle which requires a special attachment fitted to ur stud on the forend.

Regards
Cyril

I recommend the ones I make :)
Quad sticks are incredibly stable to shoot from and fast to set once you get the hang of them.

Would those be the one's you bought off me, or should I say had my trouser's off for Tony.

And also the one's that you said were shite and made you look a wee bit silly when you tried to open them :rofl:.

Nice to see you've worked them out now after 6 month's.:oops:

Mark.

http://www.forestandhill.co.uk/epages/es140362.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es140362/Products/005 Try this link Garry, just made my set today. They also do sets for tri and quad sticks, the plastic coated garden canes come in at about £2.80 each.. It makes a cracking adjustable rest which is very light, hard wearing and has no fiddly bit to break, cheap as chips.

Hope this helps.

Bryan

I was very impressed by the kit until I saw the price! You could buy a set of X3M1 bipod sticks for that price.

i bought some form ebay for about £20ish. best ones I've ever had fully adjustable like those hill walking sticks which is handy for carrying. Will try and find a link to them.

They are indeed Mark. Once you get used to them they are very steady.
The big feller was using my hmr off them on monday to good effect and I had a nice buck over the weekend off the very same sticks :)

I remember paying a good price for them Mark if I remember rightly and time must fly up there it was almost a year ago!
Would those be the one's you bought off me, or should I say had my trouser's off for Tony.

And also the one's that you said were shite and made you look a wee bit silly when you tried to open them :rofl:.

Nice to see you've worked them out now after 6 month's.:oops:

Mark.

Last edited:
They are indeed Mark. Once you get used to them they are very steady.
The big feller was using my hmr off them on monday to good effect and I had a nice buck over the weekend off the very same sticks :)

I remember paying a good price for them Mark if I remember rightly and time must fly up there it was almost a year ago!

Time doe's fly no wonder i'm missing your humour so much if it's that long ha. Can't believe it took you 12 month's to work them out:rofl:.

How was the big un seem's like he as gone nocturnal on the stalking.

Mark.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies so far!
I think I like the look of the ones scott country sell or those german LEkI ones but they might be a bit hard to source.
Cyril,
Where you in my DSC1 course about 3-4 years ago in drumquin?

Garry

Mine cost 10 minutes only and no money changed hands..........

IMG_0872-2.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg

I took Jackfish's advice.
Was passing b and q at the weekend so I called in.
Bought 3 green poles and im going to order a tri stick kit from forest and hill to make a set.
I thought it over and id rather spent £80-£100 on a new custom rifle rather than a set of sticks!
:)

Garry

I recommend the ones I make :)
Quad sticks are incredibly stable to shoot from and fast to set once you get the hang of them.

Agree, these can be used as single, double or quad sticks and if you don't fancy purchasing them from limulus, a set can be made for less than a tenner at B&Q. Regards JCS

just got set of three leg trigger sticks from bushwear,they are well made/strong and very easy to deploy even on uneven ground £99.99

Back