Thread: Hello To All

Hello To All

Hi my name is Leighton and I live in Caerphilly in South Wales . I am married with two sons and a daughter who have all flown the nest. I am 54 years old and have been rough shooting ever since I owned my first shot gun at the age of 15 .
    I served nine years in the Royal Navy during which time I saw a great deal of the world while serving aboard HMS Jaguar,HMS Ark Royal and HMS Bristol , my 3 years reserve service ran out the day Falkland war was declared . The only action I saw was the " Cod War " in the early 70's .lol
    I was a member of a local field sportsman's club for 20 years where we had access to a large number of farms , some we payed for others we did the pest control on in return for the winter game .
    I also did several trips to Scotland goose shooting with Percy Betts in Newton Stuart and some rough shooting days on an estate just outside Gurvan a place called Kirkoswald near Maidens . I had some great shooting there and some good nights out with Mat and Tom who were the keepers at the time . Twenty years have flown by yet it only seems like yesterday.
    I have no experience in deer stalking what so ever but it has been a dream of mine ever since I can remember and only now after all these years I have looked into it with a view that maybe my dream isn't as far out of my reach as I once thought. I have got a million miles to go yet as far as looking into doing these deer courses and eventually getting a rifle but one step at a time . I hope I can pick up some good advise reading through your posts that will help me on my way .
    Thanks for your time.

Leighton Welcome
    the people on this site will help all we can ,like you
    i'm still dreaming of my first deer ,with years under my belt with
    a shotgun ,but stalking is another matter ,please ask anything
    you need to know someone will answer

Hi Leighton,im a novice myself with just 1 stalk thanks to people on this site,there very helpful so just ask away .

Croeso Leighton! Good to have the company of another Cymro. Enoy the forum and don't be wary of asking advice or guidance. This is a great site and an excellent point of reference for those who are new to the game. I wish you well.

PS a date for your diary, BASC Game Fair at Glanusk, June 6th & 7th