Hello from sunny Aberdeenshire

Hi there,

Just posting an introduction after registering on the Directory. I'm very fortunate to live in rural Aberdeenshire, where I've been shooting feathered game for a number of years with a shotgun. After getting my FAC a few years back and knocking over my fair share of pesky wabbits on the adjacent farmland over which I have permission to shoot, I've recently acquired a Steyr Scout in 7mm-08 with a beautiful Schmidt & Bender 6x42 'scope perched on top and a sound moderator at the business end. The Minister for War & Finance is still getting over the fiscal shock and it took a family holiday to Florida to placate the good lady - some flippin' credit crunch!!!

I shot 2 Red deer hinds last December and am well and truly hooked on stalking. My quarry will mostly be Roe deer, of which there are heaps round our way. I drive into Aberdeen to work each day and regularly spot 10-15 Roe browsing in fields by the side of the road: this morning I spied a single group of 9 animals!

The biggest difference I found moving from rimfire to centrefire is practicing. While I can pop away with my sound modified Brno .22LR to my heart's content, the canny Scot in me limits practice sessions to 10-20 rounds with my Scout. I'm still in the early stages of courtship with my new rifle so I guess it will take a few hundred rounds to become fully acquainted. That said, I'm still putting 5 rounds into a 1.5" group at 100m which is good enough for a relative novice.

To date I've found the forum topics informative and useful and look forward to enjoying further browsing sessions. Happy hunting to all!

hi mate and welcome to the site i do alot of shooting in ballater, tarland,banchory,etc some nice ground in that area.this is a cracking site and all very helpful.
Cheers Gadget

Welcome

Hi and welcome to the site Craigearn Mannie

Im a novice too, and have a 6x42 S&B (very well made aren't they).

Cheers

Daemon

:D

Hello there and welcome,

Good to see another one from Aberdeenshire.
I live in Elrick but do a bit of shooting between Durris and
Although I’ve been shooting for quite a number of years now, I’ve only
recently joined this forum.

I’m sure you’ll find lots of useful information on this site.

Best regards

Steve

Back