New toy...

MarinePMI

After a significant wait, I finally received my custom stock and am thoroughly stoked with the final product!

Rem 700VS in .308 with 26" barrel
Stock trigger worked over by the USMC (one of their precision armorers trained to build out M-40's)
J. Allen Enterprise Rem 700 Gen 3 stock with AI 10 rd mag (and adjustable mag well), flush cup sling mounts, QR thumbwheel cheek rest, adjustable palm shelf and adjustable LOP.
SWFA SS 10x42mm SF Mil-Dot scope

this thing is the dog's danglie's!!! :D

Left side small.jpg

Left side 700.jpg

Chris,

The stock was just under $1200, but is currently only available in the Rem short and long actions. :( JAE is still trying to get caught up with orders (I waited four years, as I ordered it when it was just a concept), but do have intentions of building different action cages for the chassis. That part is on the back burner right now due to demand of what they already offer (M1A stock and Rem 700). Does the 590 have the same action screw spacing as the T-3? If so, may want to check out XLR Industries' offering. A bit less expensive, and offer a range of action inlets. I have been told some were imported to the UK, but had some serious damage in shipping, causing a spat. Not sure if that was ever cleared up or not... I have one being delivered in two weeks, and will post pics when I get it.

digger,

I'm not a huge Remmy fan either (this is the only one I have actually), but this one shoots. I picked up the donor rifle in 1994, and while I don't shoot it much, it still drives tacks (2.75" 500 yd 5 shot group is pretty standard with the right load). I've got my eye on the AI-AX stocks that are supposed to be available this summer for the Savage action...

BK,

Yes, we do tend to have some great weather this time of year (75*F yesterday, with a low of 62*F at night). I guess that's why we get so many tourists during the summer...:D

Last edited:
View attachment 16609

You have a very utilitarian and undoubtfully accurate rifle there my friend, well done and congrats :)...however, this is my idea of beauty..and from my homeland as well (for those who don't see it immediately, Schultz & Larsen)

Hi PKL,
That rifle is top of my wish list, I have handled and shot a few never had the readies to buy one,
what calibre?
Robert.

hey chaps,

oh, I don't own one, I just wish I did...calibre wise, oooh, that's a tough one, not really. 270Win

Yeah, I think it weighs in around 12-13lbs with scope and all. Not too bad IMHO. When folks joke about it being too heavy, I just shrug and tell them back when I carried M-249 SAW, it weighed 15+ lbs (not including the drums of ammo). It's all relative I suppose... :)

Yeah, I think it weighs in around 12-13lbs with scope and all. Not too bad IMHO. When folks joke about it being too heavy, I just shrug and tell them back when I carried M-249 SAW, it weighed 15+ lbs (not including the drums of ammo). It's all relative I suppose... :)

but...you didn't have a deer on the other shoulder either.:D
Back to the car is my worry.
I'm thinking of making a very light tactical next. ~6.6lb without scope.
edi

but...you didn't have a deer on the other shoulder either.:D
Back to the car is my worry.
I'm thinking of making a very light tactical next. ~6.6lb without scope.
edi

I hear you edi. :) Then again, I don't think I'd be using this rig for deer. More for targets and two legged critters (if the SHTF)...

I hear you edi. :) Then again, I don't think I'd be using this rig for deer. More for targets and two legged critters (if the SHTF)...

I must say shooting a good tactical style stock is really comfortable and fun. I'd never get a bore sighter, enjoy every shot.
Anyway I had to drag five deer shot with mine back to the car. Two up hill....

edi

Last edited:
Back