3rd time lucky on the boar

My first boar on 3rd time lucky.

Cheers Colin (solwaystalker):thumb:

To keep this short and sweet 1st time they came close but not close enough.
2nd time at minus -9 I think with a combination of my teeth and bones clattering kept them away.

But the 3rd time, get in there o yes.

Spoke to Colin last week about trying again for my first boar then on Monday got a message to say if you can make it up tommorrow is as good chance as any, didn't need a second invite. Not a wink of sleep Monday night through excitment and Tuesday day time dragged.
Met Colin at the agreed place and time and drove to our spot. Colin showed me the recent damage that had been done by the boar.
Up in the seat we was waiting patiently. couple of hours in seen my first live badger walking at a steady pace how nice to see. It was very peaceful while nature was calming down for the night from hereing wood pigeons, to hereing a roe bark in the distance and a few midges along the way.
To those who have been stalking boar with Colin you know only to well that you the only thing that you can do is breath:D
Checking my watch for time could not beleive how fast time was going by and with the amount of day light still left. Then heard our first noise heard a loud and fast paceing gallop through some wet land, then Colin whispered that sounds a big boar to me, every few minutes more galloping and getting closer, my heart was now pounding getting louder and I even started to here my own heart beat, as the boar got louder.
Then heard a sent blow through the nose must of got wind from us as never heard another thing after,how noisey they can be until they sent you and how so quiet they are when off incredable animals, then about half hour after wards. Colin whispered I think we have been sussed and missed our chance, gutted I felt but five minutes after.
Heard a noise, Colin gave me a hand signal as to not to move, then I remembered Colin telling me allow them to settle before moveing. Noise after noise I got the nod from Colin.
Up with the rifle and on with the vision, soon as the vision was on instantly seen and on the boar. I remember telling myself as looking through the scope bloody hell thats a wild boar and forgot for that split second when telling myself that I was actually stalking.
Then cross hairs on squeezed of the trigger I seen the strike of place ment. The boar instantly bolted and heard the scurry through the growth then no noise. Well done from Colin, I don't beleive anything until Its infront of me.
I told Colin I seen impact but but I think I was a little high maybe, honesty is the best policy.
Off we went found the spot where it was standing, with a few spots of blood, Colin spoke I was hopeing and exspecting with the area that I had hit to be a little more blood, guilt and regret filled me with dissapointment I thought a injured boar.
Looked in the direction as to thought it had gone no blood I was then curseing myself with all the F words that can be thought of. Then back to the first spot where we seen took another route started to find a little more blood feeling a little better well a little but still anger in myself. Walked another 20 yards and found a heavy marking of blood gave Colin a shout with a reply thats much better. Then 15 yards further I seen something I wasn't convinced it was a boar, but it was and down I was so pleased on two accounts the mian one we had found it and not injured and the second my first boar. WOW it brought back the day I culled my first deer.
It was bigger than what I imagined then Colin said drag it here, bloody hell I nearly popped an hernia me huff in and puffin Colin was laughing at me, but he did give me a hand.
Looking at the shot placement and with examination proved perfect heart shot and a healthy 50kilo male boar.
Back down the M-6 I was going over the motions still with excitment.
Once landed back at H-Q preperation of the carcass commenced, what a lovely texture to the meat and smell also, this coming Sunday is a boned and rolled joint. I love doing the butcher of any animal that I cull it brings great satisfaction to me that I have culled, prepaired and will eat the fine animals that we have in this country.
Like those who have stalked with Colin its quiet intense and tests anyones patients for how still you have to remain even when the midges are on your face I was throneing my face to get the ones that had landed off as didn't want to move to create noise, I now have a for head thats looks like chef Gordon Ramseys.
Its a increable and intelegent way to stalk as it can teach you more about mother nature of understanding different animals movements as you can only here.

Cheers Colin for my first boar, your honesty and excellent stalking an answears to any questions asked. Also shall speak again soon to arrange more stalking trips.

Sorry can't post pictures as useless with computers tryed many times to post many pictures that I have, but have given up hope now.

Hope you all enjoy the write up.

Cheers weeman

Congratulations. Its a great feeling getting your 1st boar , I will never forget sitting in the seat with Colin silent and motionless but its well worth it when you see a boar. Was it the same seat I took my 2 boar from Colin?

Different seat Mark , seats are getting well spread out now i have one 13 miles from seat you were in
I should say i watched this seat for a few nights to size up what was feeding as its a very tricky time of year
with sows and youngsters ,Weeman was told before the outing if a sow appeared we wouldnt be taking a shot
and there would be no fee for the outing
This was a young boar that was rooting around very close to a friends house , she is very proud of her garden and
feared she would come out one morning to it all rooted up . Well done Martin

Nice write up weeman, congratulations on your boar they get the adrenaline rushing when you hear them approaching don't they.
Well done Colin looks like you put plenty of time in to make sure your guest done well, nice one.

Weeman shame about the photos been nice to see them, cant you get a mentor for your pc training :D

Atb

Wayne

Nice write up weeman, congratulations on your boar they get the adrenaline rushing when you hear them approaching don't they.
Well done Colin looks like you put plenty of time in to make sure your guest done well, nice one.

Weeman shame about the photos been nice to see them, cant you get a mentor for your pc training :D

Atb

Wayne

I know how to up load pictures but when I have tryed on here it just brings up a small red cross in a box.
I have some great pictures from reds rutting etc.
They sure do get the adrealine going.
Its a credit to Colin for all the effort he puts in and to this site. because with out this site id probaly be still waiting to cull my first boar.

Weeman

Different seat Mark , seats are getting well spread out now i have one 13 miles from seat you were in
I should say i watched this seat for a few nights to size up what was feeding as its a very tricky time of year
with sows and youngsters ,Weeman was told before the outing if a sow appeared we wouldnt be taking a shot
and there would be no fee for the outing
This was a young boar that was rooting around very close to a friends house , she is very proud of her garden and
feared she would come out one morning to it all rooted up . Well done Martin

Colin she had a lovely maintained garden and would of been devestated to find carnage of it all up rooted. Two happy people on all accounts you satisfyed there well three includeing yourself.

weeman

Wont be long before before they get in there Martin , there,s a sounder rooting around
only 200m away from there , she wins top prize most years in the annual Garden Safari
i dont want to be around when they have given her a visit :eek:

Foxy , when you go into highseat get yourself in there first mate , i still laugh when
i think of Lee,s outing - Minus 18 Lee on a padded seat , me on a padded seat ,then
you sat on that plastic garden seat that had a 2 inch slab of ice on it that we never saw
as it was dark when we got in , when you stood up 3 hours later with it stuck to your arse
it was too much for me , had to head home couldnt stop laughing , good bit of endurance tho/
dont know how you did it

Aye it was very funny for you two but not for me , I thought my arse was cold ...
I don't know how we didn't catch hyperthermia ,I have never been so cold in all my life , couldnt stop shivering :scared:

Back