Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I really need binoculars

Smile Do I really need binoculars

As title suggest, do I need binoculars, or would I get away with a monocular. My question arises from the fact that I have a lazy eye, with very poor vision . I can see out of it, buts it's very blurred . So do I need to go to the expense , and weight, of a pair when I could get away with a monocular. Anyone's experience would be gratefully appreciated.
    Cheers Neil

when i read the title i was going to write ''you cant stalk without bino's'' but in your instance why not give the monocular a go !

or buy a rangefinder?
    kill two birds etc?

I have binos, but I never use them.

I tend to use my rangefinder instead.

PS. You CAN stalk without binos.

Is it not possible to focus the binoculars for both eyes since the right eye is generally adjustable?
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Neil. your best bet is to pop into your local gunshop and try some binoculars - that way only you can tell whether to rule them out or not.

It is hard work glassing with one eye. You have to think about closing an eye.

However I use my zeiss range finder more than my binos. Lighter and faster lol

If you could find a broken pair of binos where the knackered side corresponded to your bad eye, you might pick up some top quality glass for next to nothing.

The main reason for binoculars or similar is that you are not using your rifle and scope to spot targets. There is no reason why you could not use a scope, so long as it is not attached to a rifle. But that kind of defeats the object. Find whatever suits you.

I used a Zeiss range finder for about a year without any problems.
    I only changed to RF binos as I could afford them and I the wider FOV helps.