Best way of cleaning??

vizslamad

Hi everyone,
Can I please have your suggestions for cleaning up your used brass ready for reloading. By hand please, I dont want the expense of machinery as I dont go through hundreds of rounds just like the consistency of my own ammunition.
Cheers,
John

case trimmer

I out mine in the case trimmer shell holder, get a handful of wire wool and the other end in a cordless drill.

sorted.

Internally you can wash out with car brake cleaner before you start.

Not class F stuff but it works

case trimmer

I out mine in the case trimmer shell holder, get a handful of wire wool and the other end in a cordless drill.

sorted.

case trimmer

sorted.

Soak in citric acid crystal solution, use a baby's bottle teat brush (mothercare, boots) for the inside.

Tumbling will get you the best results. Get a 2nd hand rock tumbler off fleabay for a tenner. Will do 10-15 cases at a time, but as you dont shoot much that's all you need.

Steel wool or rag with case cleaner: do it whilst you've got it mounted in a Lee Zip trim after you've trimmed and deburred :)

Alternatively, citric acid in an ultrasonic cleaner: I picked one at Aldi for £15 that does 20 at a time, you might be able to find something similar on Ebay. Decap cases first and make sure you dry thoroughly.

As well, to polish you'll find nothing better than 'Autosol' - use it on cotton wool. Bit pricey but you can see your face in the cases afterwards.

i was going to de-cap all of my cases and bang them in the washing machine in either an old pair of tights or that little netting bag you get with the washing macine tablets a couple have already been through when i leave them in my pockets and they come up a treat

Back