swarovski or nightforce

triggersqueezer

i have a swarovski z6i 5x30 at the moment , but you never see them being used in competitions like you do nightforce. i like a bit of medium range target shooting.allthough the swarovski has clearer glass and a illuminated target dot is a must for me,am i missing something by not giving nightforce a go.

any opinions wanted and welcome
cheers mike

I imagine reticles has something to do with what you're seeing - Swarovski market a range of hunting reticles, whereas Nightforce have more 'tactical' reticles that may be preferred for long range shooting. Swarovski is for me the better glass, but reticles must have an impact on people's decisions in terms of reference points for precision shooting.

I'm predominantly a hunter and I have a Swarovski. Nightforce, however, are very popular at a local rifle club but pretty much exclusivley used for target shooting.
I think you could have a ballistic turret retro-fitted to the Z6i so you could dial-in at targets as well when you're on the range?
David

i once looked at a nightforce after a lot of people were using them for lamping foxes but when i did i was told by the man who was selling them not to bother with one as they were very good for long range target shooting but the glass let them down in low light situations

i once looked at a nightforce after a lot of people were using them for lamping foxes but when i did i was told by the man who was selling them not to bother with one as they were very good for long range target shooting but the glass let them down in low light situations

Not true regarding the NXS range.

thanks for your thoughts so far mine has the ballistic turrets with the removable rings .i had not used the scope much as i'm waiting for my rifle build to be complete in the next couple of weeks.i'm used to the leupold mk4 turrets and this sounds stupid but i prefer turrets on the nightforce.after your comments i think i should spend a bit more time with the swarovski turrets till ui get used to them.it may well be one of those things when you fancy a change but would regret it afterwords.

Back