Thread: Shotgun Cleaning Rods.

Shotgun Cleaning Rods.

I was thinking of making some one piece cleaning rods for shotguns (I can get the bar stock) an I wondered if anybody knows the specification for thethread for PH threaded tools. It isn't whitworth I know. Iwould hope to get a set of taps to do the job.

Many thanks,

Have a look at Midway as they give thread sizes, but beware because there are a few different threads out there

Tetra Gun ProSmith 1-Piece Cleaning Rod All Gauges 34 Coated Stainless Steel 5/16 x 27 Thread - Midway UK

5/16 x 27

12 x 28

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

P-H I believe used a version of the old Enfield thread. At least they did on the rifle rods. Now this made me thing as a little while ago I brought a used gun slip off e-bay an it came with a GMK 12 bore cleaning kit which on looking more closely at it is in fact a dead copy of the old P-H SO4 cleaning kit from Parker-Hale. Just compared it wiht the one I brought when I got my first shotgun.

Rod profile is identical and all fittings are the same. Even the box is identical size just lacks the fake Croc finish the P-H has. Seems that the 12 Bore stuff is standardised at least in threads.