Good one to cull

Had a mate over to fell some trees this morning, before he started we had a walk round and we dropped on this evil looking fellow i had seen the other day.
Over he went with a perfect heart shot from his rifle, im well chuffed he is out of the way and now hanging in the chiller.
Bet he could have inflicted some serious damage with that headgear. DF

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

Great one to take out , he would have done some serious damage in a few week's.

Well done.

Mark.

Trouble,

Don't worry that's just davie's sense of humour,

Ideal is an understatement.

Mark.

WHAT! are you mad , thats the ideal cull buck

This is very similar to pretty much all our yearlings in the bits i have that are commercial forestry they then go on to usually make a four pointer in their second year and if left to mature will go on to be regular sixpointers, so i would agree with 6pointer a nice spiker, nothing more.

Moose

Last edited:
I agree it is an ideal cull buck and like Mark R says ideal for the Barbi. But to say came across this evil buck just makes me laugh. Its just a young buck and will cause no trouble to anything. The murder bucks that one is looking to remove are fully mature bucks that will fight for territory,s he is not one of them. He would run for his life if he met a big mature male.

I agree it is an ideal cull buck and like Mark R says ideal for the Barbi. But to say came across this evil buck just makes me laugh. Its just a young buck and will cause no trouble to anything. The murder bucks that one is looking to remove are fully mature bucks that will fight for territory,s he is not one of them. He would run for his life if he met a big mature male.
totally agree

Glad i made you laugh Davie, some of your posts have the same effect on me :thumb:
Thought i was doing the right thing mate as did a few other posters, i have a couple of good bucks around that i didn't want to get damaged but i will take your advice on board thanks . DF

Richard Prior describes a 'murder buck' as a animal with 2 long single spikes, young or old. Would you agree?

Good one to shoot though no doubt. M

I think you will find the Mr P would have been thinking of some slightly more substantial than that wee beast. Christ i would have a lot of murder bucks on my ground if to spikes was all they require to give them that title. DF no malice in my post and it was a good cull.

Back