best pressie

User00003

ok, so my old mans 67th is coming up soon, but I need ideas for presents!!! this is the man that pretty much as everything, or can buy it if he doesn't already. mind, he's not materialistic at all, likes his 25 yr old tikka m65 swede and his wellies, loden and a reasonably simple life..

what have you been given that you really appreciated that was a bit 'off the beaten track', or have given to someone that really went down well?

xmas was a leather bolt case, but still sitting in the cupboard (probably always will) LOL!

any intriguing ideas?

Got home from college the other week to be presented with a stained glass painting of my two dogs that my Mrs had done for me, absolutly brilliant thing to be given, well I thought so any way :)

Never forget my 18th.....waiting for me at home was an Abu mk5 all England match tip fishing rod and an Abu 506 close face reel.....I was like a dog with two......ears :)

Thinking to the future and reaching 67 I think something I would remember would be my first box of tenapads :)

National trust membership gives free access to some lovely places and more than that...... a reason to get out and visit them! Bought it for my parents years ago and they did a lot of travelling in their camper van ever since. Ideal for retired people!
MS

Subscription to a magazine is a good present, maybe The Field?

Voucher for a decent restruant inc taxi to and from?

Think you are based around Edinburgh ? If so why not get him a membership to The Whisky Club in Leith. Fantastic place and you can get him to take you there for lunch ! :D

I agree a good subscription to FIELD or another mag he enjoys would be a nice part present...plus a malt to sip while he reads it??

Hope he has a good birthday.

I had the same problem with my Dad's 60th so I got him a Yachting taster day. It was something completely different and I think he appreciated it!

It depends on what sort of money you were considering spending I guess.

What about a McNab? He may not manage it on the day, of course, but it could be a good fun day out. If you are thinking of doing that give this chap a call as I'm sure he could deliver the goods plus the whole trip and location would maybe be interesting and different for him:

http://www.rjhsports.co.uk/da/88425

(no connection other than a satisified customer.)

If you had a lot of cash and wanted to give him something truly spectacular then what about sending him to Amhuinnsuidhe for one of their mixed weeks? It would be the trip of a lifetime and there is probably nowhere to compare:

http://www.amhuinnsuidhe.com/

(again, I've no connection but this is a truly remarkable place.)

Back