Seeland Wellies

Dom

Hi, Everyone.

I am after some new wellies and Seeland seem to get good reports. However, can anyone advise me as to sizing? In other words, do they size up large or small? For example, with cycling footwear I buy a 43 from Specialized but a 44 from Salomon....

Many thanks for your help.

Dom

Dom, I was happy to receive a great pair of Seeland wellies from Mrs Finnbear as a present, quite heavy as wellies go & the rubber smell was very strong in the motor for quite a few weeks, so good quality rubber,... the only detraction for me was the heel areas inside the boot, scrubbed out before the wellies died, I have been advised this can be repaired,....... as to the general use... smashing wellie boots.!Steve.

I always used to swear by Hunters for being light and comfortable, but they dont last 5 minutes these days. I bought a pair of Seeland Neoprene wellies with a top vent and strap for around £42 at my local Scats store. Fantastically well made and at that price incredible money - I will never go back to Hunters now.

I am a UK 10 in shoes and a UK 10 in Hunters, but went for a UK 9 (Euro 43) in these - a little tight on the big toe for a week or so but now worn in and are great. The UK 10 was waaaay too big for me.

Dom, I was happy to receive a great pair of Seeland wellies from Mrs Finnbear as a present, quite heavy as wellies go & the rubber smell was very strong in the motor for quite a few weeks, so good quality rubber,... the only detraction for me was the heel areas inside the boot, scrubbed out before the wellies died, I have been advised this can be repaired,....... as to the general use... smashing wellie boots.!Steve.
+1 had a pair for a few seasons now, £55 i think i paid pish all over le broken zip brand ,dont like wellies prefer boots but sometimes you cant avoid wearing em:D

Last edited:
Dom

I have always used Le chameau but bought a pair of Seeland full zip from John Norris as a spare and my opinion now as changed I would never go back to Le Chameau again. The Seeland have a better sole with more grip for stalking I certainly slip less often when walking angled wet muddy ground, the neoprene is slightly thicker and the rubber seems thicker too. Fit wise they are perfect don't order larger or smaller. Cham's are over priced and always crack at the bottom of the zip.

Thanks
DS

My wife had a pair, leaked within 3 weeks got a replacement pair ...........leaked = refund!

Thanks, chaps. Looks like the Seeland boots are worth a try in my usual size. Uttings have the Estate model at £85 plus postage, which is pretty good.

Thanks again,

Dom

hi dom .ive got the saeland estate wellys. i allways buy a size bigger and did with these.only thing i found was they wernt as warm when standing around in snow,as my previous wellys which were muckboots.but as has been said the seeland have much better grip,i would buy them again.

stottycake

I have just bought from John Norris. they have a sale on. £49 instead of £109. plus two pairs of Harkila 8" GTX for £39.99 a par. happy days.

the sealands are about the same in the foot as Le Chemeau's but the leg is very large. im a big size and use to buy one size up but with the sealands i ordered the right size. with a walking so they will size up nice.

I spoke to a supplier who assured me the sizing was neither small, nor large, some have ordered a pair. Let's see... I can always return them if the sizing doesn't work out. I will let you know.

Thanks again for all your help,

Dom

I've had apair of seeland wellies more than pleased,as for size they come up exactly the same as shoe size and feel like slippers

The boots arrived this morning and are a great fit. They are extremely comfortable. I tested them out walking the dog and was very pleased. They even came with a boot bag, all for £89 delivered. Not bad!

Many thanks for all your input,

Dom

My opinion on these has changed after only 6 months, I now agree with Martinl mine spilt on the side near the sole on both pairs bad design by the looks of it. Never kept the receipt so in the bin they went.

My wife had a pair, leaked within 3 weeks got a replacement pair ...........leaked = refund!

Brillant review thanks. I bought the same pair of Seeland wellies last weekend and I wore them out shooting all weekend. We are in our monsoon season here at the moment so it was a good breakin / trial for them I must admit the are the bomb far better than Le chameau.

Dom

I have always used Le chameau but bought a pair of Seeland full zip from John Norris as a spare and my opinion now as changed I would never go back to Le Chameau again. The Seeland have a better sole with more grip for stalking I certainly slip less often when walking angled wet muddy ground, the neoprene is slightly thicker and the rubber seems thicker too. Fit wise they are perfect don't order larger or smaller. Cham's are over priced and always crack at the bottom of the zip.

Thanks
DS

Back