Thread: Ridgeline mallard jacket

Ridgeline mallard jacket

I've had a ridgeline monsoon smock for the last 3 years and can't fault it for stalking in the shity winters we get here and haven't been wet in it once but on warmer days you do sweat a good bit in it so I was pretty chuffed when my mate gave me a mallard jacket too weeks ago. The jacket is very light, cool,quiet and very waterproof! Ridge line really is the clothing to have these days!!

I was going to look at those, as I find the Monsoon a little warm at the moment.

Thanks for the recommendation.

No bother. I've been trying for years to find something that was as good and versatile as the swandri ranger shirt with the goretex liner n I've finally found it. Best all year jacket going n at a cracking price.

Based on this thread, and looking for a light jacket I ordered one, have worn it twice this week and got soaked both times.
    Looks like it will be going back.

That's terrible thought the OP said they were waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by The Seeker View Post
    That's terrible thought the OP said they were waterproof
    The OP did, as does the Ridgeline advertising.
    It isn't just a leaking seam either, I did at first think it was just sweat, but yesterday morning I wore it over a T shirt, walked all of 25 yards and spent
    an hour in a heavy drizzle talking to a mate.
    Not exactly a severe test I would have though, later on I did the same wearing a cheap bonded fleece from "Dickies" cost me all of 20 and remained dry.

sorry to hear you haing bad experience with ridgline kit

i bought the bib style overalls and the eider jacket for wearing down the "basin" / forshore for fowling and gotta admit they are really cosy and waterproof

actually brilliant on a nights lamping at the rabbits when a cold night and wind blowing....couple that with my sealskinz beanie and you just dont feel the cold & the beanies waterproof too....some hat !