Just wondered how many 270 users have changed from 130g to 110g and what they think to them?
GT
I haven't because I've never felt I've had to. Although I've used them in the past, I'm wouldn't be keen on using them on bigger stags or at night. No real evidence asto why they wouldn't do the job on big stags as I'd happily use a 243 ??? Basically, I won't change as 130 grain Norma is probably the most available ammo in the highlands and I've no complaints so far, if it ain't broke don't fix it

I know a few who have and swear by them.

If you want a 110 grain , why not use a 25-06?

I

Tried the 110 Norma ,and found they haven't the knock Down I would like so I'm back to the 140 Norma which has plenty these. I use only on red so I can't say for the other deer species,mind you the fox don't like the 110 ,

i want to try them but only for foxing im happy with the 130-150 in my normal loads,atb wayne

Have used them, but don't see any big advantages to make the change. 130g SP just suit me old browning so will continue to knock them over with them.

130gn Soft Points do everything you need, fox, crow, roe, red....

that said I have some experimental loads to try in
90gn HP, 100gn HP, 110gn HP, 130gn BT, 140gn BT, 150gn Partitions!! love a challenge!

I couldn't really see why you would want to go down to 110, just thought I'D ask to check if i was missing something!!
GT

Tried the 110gr TSX Norma in the 270 for night shooting for the flatter trajectory they were great on reds but weren't so good on Roe lots of them did not expand sufficiently on the roe.

Now now Grouse Track, you can't make the leap from boy to man by upgrading from a .243 to a .270, and want to shoot such a light load as the 110g. Remember this, shooting 130g ammo will put hairs on your chest, and lots of it!!!! ATB Rich

Now now Grouse Track, you can't make the leap from boy to man by upgrading from a .243 to a .270, and want to shoot such a light load as the 110g. Remember this, shooting 130g ammo will put hairs on your chest, and lots of it!!!! ATB Rich

I need it to put hairs on my head too! Just thought the 130's might hurt my shoulder. So the 110's not worthy of a WOW then?!!
GT

where did you get norma 140 from iv only see 130

http://www.norma.cc/en/Products/Hunting/270-Winchester/

I don't know of any 140gr in .270 from Norma either..... but have played with a box of Sierra 110gr ProHunter with various powders; IMR 4064, Nobel No. 0, and Norma 204. The speeds were impressive at 3280 fps with N204, but it was quite a short setup.

I never used these on anything other than paper as they're probably a bit of a meat-mangler, and I didn't see the point of moving away from standard 130gr long term.

The 140's are part no16904. I've used the 110's found them very good, mostly shoot Sika and only had one stag run any distance. It covered 90m whilst the rest either fell on the spot or only moved a few metres. I think that year I shot 30 Red stags and had one of those run 120m after the shot. Get a box and try them

I couldn't really see why you would want to go down to 110, just thought I'D ask to check if i was missing something!!
GT
I have tried 110g, kinder on the beast (roe), kinder on the shoulder, kinder on the barrel, and the pocket, (when reloading that is!!)

I need it to put hairs on my head too! Just thought the 130's might hurt my shoulder. So the 110's not worthy of a WOW then?!!
GT[/QUOTE

I actually said a double "WOW" when i found out you had chosen a mans calibre. Hows the Sako? Rich

Well battered and used, seen a life's work and has another to give. Bit like my Penis really!! Seems fine thanks Richard, main difference is having a decent scope to look through. It seems to prefer 130 Federal to some remmingtons i bought so will stick with them.

i love 110s through my 270!! i started with the factory norma 110 v-max and have shot roe and reds with them and had no problems!, i now load 110 sierra prohunters, but ive also used 90 grain hollowpoints on roe which do a fantastic job!. i have a very good friend who uses nothing but remington factory 100 grain out of his 270 and he too shoots all species of deer and has superb results.
Horses for courses but until you've tried it don't knock the lighter bullets...especially on the smaller deer and foxes.

Back