Boyds gunstocks

Acm

Does anyone use boyds gunstocks , thinking of putting one on my tikka 595 .308 . But it would have to be un inlet as they don't make a pattern stok .
Any thoughts or alternatives ?
Cheers

their inlet stocks are very good value for money, I have one and have been happy with it

I was impressed with my Boyds stock and more impressed it took less than a fortnight to arrive from ordering to being in my possession
Well worth the money in my opinion

Seriously consider a Joe West stock, they are really very high quality laminate.

If the inlet isnt listed, they will do one from your old stock by the way.

Ive no connection either, but have seen several and was impressed.

I had a look at the Joe west stocks at bisley, very nice, great finish and a man who seems to know about rifles.

I purchased a Boyd laminated stock for my Ruger 25.06 about 2 years ago. I will say that it needed slight adjustment to ensure a a proper fit, but I expected that. I was very impressed with the swift and polite service and the cost which with the postage was I believe about £130.

I also purchased a Boyd stock for my 10/22 from the states - I was impressed with the service, quality and price.

Very pleased with mine (weatherby vanguard) absolutley no fitting required,very good finish and turned an alredy accurate rifle with a horrid plastic stock, into an absolute tack driver that looks very nice indeed, very very good value.

hiya,i have two,one on my 452 cz,and a one on my howa 204,why buy in this country,dont see why thing,s should be twice the price,for the same thing,£130 delivered to your door,all finished to a very high standard,ready to fit,christ in this country they want twice the price,and you have to finish them yourself,would feel like i had been mugged if i bought one of them,twice,no relation to boyd,s just a happy customer who hates seeing peep,s ripped of by,over priced profiteering,,ian
here is a pic,
IMG_8591.jpg

Anybody fitted a Boyds stock to a Ruger M77 Mk 2 (long action)? I recently saw a Boyds fitted to a CZ and it looked great. I fancy one, but just concerned about importing it from the US.

No problems importing it ,delivered to door by postie ,action dropped right in ,teriffic service - well pleased.

A couple of guys I know have dealt with Boyds. They said it couldn't have been easier and the price and quality very good. Delivered straight to the door and very prompt service. I'm tempted to use them myself.

one small problem, Boyds recently increased the price of some of their stocks to over $100, and as such will not ship them oversea's :doh:

hiya,i have two,one on my 452 cz,and a one on my howa 204,why buy in this country,dont see why thing,s should be twice the price,for the same thing,£130 delivered to your door,all finished to a very high standard,ready to fit,christ in this country they want twice the price,and you have to finish them yourself,would feel like i had been mugged if i bought one of them,twice,no relation to boyd,s just a happy customer who hates seeing peep,s ripped of by,over priced profiteering,,ian
here is a pic,
IMG_8591.jpg
I do have a lot to do with Joe West riflestocks. Please understand we have to pay nearly as much for the laminate as Boyds supply a stock for.I personally feel I am being had just for the laminate. So why buy one of Joes stocks firstly these stocks have been shaped more for the European market and will fit better, come to a show try one. As for finishing it yourself, this is done so you can easily refinish the stock if you scatch it or the finish gets tired. We have a lot of flexibility in the shape of our stocks as they are made one at a time and you can even design a stock shape yourself. I promise you there is no profiteering and Joe is certainly not mugging anyone. Remember boyds only make a certain range
in certain colours for certain inlets on big cnc machines. If the price is your main concern and boyds make what you want please buy from them, if not at least up one of Joes stocks and try it for size, I guarantee it will fit you better.

Last edited:
i,ve got a boyds on my ruger m77mk11 . had a little trouble with the inlet but only little trimming here and there
but i did reshape the whole stock to my needs . i buy some laminate blanks from him aswel for the stock work i do i,ll attach a few pics off the stocks i,ve done with them .i like his laminate but i would use a uk company aswel if i found one i could get the same deal from . my ruger
IMAG0194.jpg

a stock i made for a lads rapid
jesssstock.jpg

I bought one for my remmy 700 very happy withit exellent for the money good sevice and delivery time...10 days

:thumb:

Back