Burger Recipies?

PointBlank

Has anyone got any favourite recipes for Burgers good for the BBQ? I have got a Roe's worth of trim in the fridge and I thought I'd give the sausages a miss this time (plus I'm out of casings :D)

i dont do anything special for my burger mix i use
bacon
mixed herbs
rosemary
tyme
onions
salt pepper
thats it really for mine kids seem to like them and i like it i have been thinking of looking for something different but its a start for you atb wayne

My wife thinks I should do just venison, onion, rusk and seasoning and miss out on the pork but I'm not sure how that will work out.

i do them without pork as well but it can be abit dry .i dont use rusk on mine but willing to try different methods i also like a really course grind on my burgers as well ,atb wayne

70% venison 30% pork belly, as Mark said a Lucas mix, I like the tastey burger mix ( from bushwear) and a few crushed Juniper berries (in amongst the herbs at your local supermarket).

Nutty

I have just ordered a venison and Juniper mix from scobies for the next batch ;) I'll give it the basic seasoning plus pork mix this time

I like to use the cuts from neck between the rib bones for burgers. As can tend to stop it being dry.

My receipe is 100% venison
Salt & Pepper
Oxo cube (beef)
Parsley & Marjoram
Tiny pinch chilli flakes (if you wish)
Little cumin powder.

I have just ordered a venison and Juniper mix from scobies for the next batch ;) I'll give it the basic seasoning plus pork mix this time
I use this mix and it is very good, if you go on there website and call up that mix there is a link to the qty's used which you can fill in yourself for the total weight you want to produce andit works the rest of the recipe out for you, thats what i do and they are top notch.Rich

Get a Lucus onion and craked black pepper mix and try that. Just the mix a bit of water and venison, they turn out a treat. Well I think so the kids have normally got them before I get a chance.

Mark

I made a batch of basic seasoning but the wife told me it was too bland so I squirted in a quarter of a bottle of ultra-hot chilli sauce ;)

Very tasty (for me anyway)!!!

I now have my scobies mix for my next batch :D

go down to your local butchers and buy some butchers rusk

add some with 2 jars of cranberry jelly to your vension along with wee drop of minced pork belly...or if cant get that ...some of the soup pack bacon cuts or cooking bacon packs you can get and mince that instead bet yer wife likes them doesnt say their bland.

i used to use bought packs and scobies is good stuff but i prefer experimenting and throwing my own stuff in.

easy as hell to do

some of ones ive made and stick out as good are

vension & brown sauce
venison & cross & blackwell burger relish
venison & grated cheddar & spring onion
venison & cranberry jelly
venison & chiilis & lime
vension & curry & mango

list goes on...and started doing same with rabbit and they are brilliant!!!

paul
cajunburgers.jpg

Back