Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bee keepers

Bee keepers

Hi all any bee keepers on . I'm thinking of starting up . I would appreciate some advice and help . Cheers all Neil ...

Contact your local beekeepers association for advice, open days, training courses, suppliers and share of equipment.
    British Beekeepers Association (BBKA)

hi neil my brother lives in manchester and hes just started a community farm with bees if you want ao speak to him or see his set up pm me and i will give you his number
    atb tom

Certainly seek advice etc. locally - Beekeepers are an extremely friendly bunch - just like this forum in fact!
    i started last year and currently have c.25lb of honey sat on my kitchen work surface
    It's worth every sting!

Very interesting, I have started this year. Look carefully at the price as new hives are expensive and there is a lot of second hand stuff around.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Thanks for the replies . Have got in with a local fellow who as set me up with a nucleus and a hive. Will see how I go on . Cheers Neil

If you want a few thousand free bees, there's a nest above my garage door.... You'll need a cherry picker though.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by biglad View Post
    Hi all any bee keepers on . I'm thinking of starting up . I would appreciate some advice and help . Cheers all Neil ...
    I'm sure the missus will love you for that one pal .

Galloway Deer Stalking

There is,of course, a downside to the joy of beekeeping
    Some of mine (if indeed i ever owned them) have relocated to a nearby tree about 40 foot up
    You need a sense of humour if nothing else
    Good luck!

a good frend of mine has just started up and i know he did a bee keeping course over a few weekends , ill see im at work tomorrow and ill get some details and ill drop you a pm .

cheers lee