Custom 6 shot home made T3 mag with a twist...

Paul at Fechan

So I took the notion to make a mag for my .308 T3 even though I have three 5 shot ones already. But why make a boring black one :-| ohhh noooo

Lets go light gathering fluorescent pink :eek: :lol: Now I'm not quite finished as my mag spring only arrived yesterday in a big box from the US but I had pulled a spring out of a 223 mag to test it works fine and oh yes it does work sweetly.
P1120427.jpg

P1120426.jpg

P1120425.jpg

Why the hell would you put a mag spring in a big box to send from the US.....
P1120422.jpg

So, I have my proper mag spring now and monday I will finish it off and start an 8 shot mag... Colour suggestions welcome :lol:

Looks the dogs doodahs!!! a wee project from work no doubt! :D looking sweet!!! looks all kitted out for zombie slaying now!!

into production nah :lol:, but i'll do a few variations and offer a couple up maybe. Thinking fluoro orange and yellow, maybe blue. The annoying bit is getting the springs. I had hoped to get the unfolded spring strip steel but couldn't find some so it's £12 a spring tut :cry:

10 shot, yeh springs are out there to do a straight 10 but it's quite extended, 8's about the ideal biggy. There's a conversion kit from roedale to accept ai 10 shot mags which would be a better profile

Last edited:
ohh dear now there is another thing for me to do. I always wondered what that smoke color perspex was doing there sat in my work shop there's enough to do about twenty ten shot mags. Two questions. 1. where did you get the plastic front profile from? 2. will you share the design plans, or is there none?

the front was a strip of clear acrylic bonded on with tensol after the rear was sealed and then shaped to fit. I made it simple so that reproducing the design could be done quickly. The curve isn't too important so long as the overall length meets tightly for the catch to locate onto the nipple. You need a line bender to create the curve for the tops but smoothing to the original shape of the mags is easy with the sander and a small file

no plans as such but you can see how the construction goes, bottom is screwed on with allon screws heated before sealing into the pilot holes and backing out once cooled.

Last edited:
So out with the disk sander then! I did wonder where you would get that profile:tiphat:. As soon as posted my last post I thought just sand it.

Goodness gracious, why all these big magazines. Two world wars were fought with half the participants having smaller magazines tha that!
Fiece beasts round you!!! :D:stir:

Joking apart, looks fun.

David.

If you ever make a high capacity 223 magazine, then I'd be interested in buying a few.
They'd be useful for PR and CSR.
Apparently the currently available bottom metal conversions for AI magazines are not simple to fit, and some are reporting feed problems.

A 5 round 270wsm mag would be great for the hinds, let us know if you could do these too, thanks.

Id have one if you were selling them. five round for 6.5x55 in clear or orange, good if you dropped mag for visual. would be good for range zeroing, wouldnt have to unload after three shots.

Back