Steyr Mannlicher mounts?

tjwaines

Having always been a Tikka kinda guy, I'm moving over to a Steyr Mannlicher in the next few weeks. So stupid question - what scope mounts are recommended for use on them? Always used Optilocks on my Tikka's but obviously they don't apply here! Believe they come with a Weaver rail as standard.

Regards

Tom

Good morning tjwaines,

I have 2 mannichlers, and had 2 others in the past, different calibres, my choice is Apel mounts, not cheap, but very good

Get an appropriate set of Warne bases, you can then use any standard Warne QD or fixed rings. Sportsman always have them in stock.

Warne are excellent and reliable mounts, not the prettiest, and only a fraction of the cost of the big name Euro mounts.

Believe DNZ GameReaper mounts come in a size to fit Steyr Pro Hunters.

Seen a few on customer rifles and they look very good. Customers seem very happy with them. About as far as I can comment as Uk distributor doesn't deal with small outfits like us and getting in direct from DNZ too complex! :(

Get an appropriate set of Warne bases, ....

I had Warne mounts on my Mannlicher Pro-Hunter and they were a nightmare. The scope ran out of vertical adjustment. I ended up with Burris Signature rings which allowed me to put an offset in and optically centre the scope. The 260 Rem in my gallery is set up the same way with Burris Signature rings. The Warne mounts give no opportunity to adjust the scope vertically. Regards JCS

Think I'll go with some Apel. Would rather buy really good mounts when I've gone to the effort of parting with cash for a decent scope and rifle.

Many thanks for the replies lads!

Regards

Tom

Think I'll go with some Apel. Would rather buy really good mounts when I've gone to the effort of parting with cash for a decent scope and rifle.

Many thanks for the replies lads!

Regards

Tom

Tom,
May be worth looking at Recknagel as well - Alan Rhone is the agent. I bought some Apel mounts, very good but they mounted the scope very high on my rifle - Recknagel were at least 5mm lower and also cheaper and I would say an equal in quality to the Apel.
If you do decide on Apel, not knowing what scope you're looking for but if it is Swarovski rail I have the top mounts available at a good price!

hi Tom i am going to put my apel swing off mounts on sd, they are off my mannlicher & are 1". i also have a swarovski 6-42 nova for sale that is currently in them, i want £ 200 for the mounts thanks Kev

If you go for the expensive 2/3, 1/3 (the type that don't split along the centreline of the scope) Apel rings, be very careful not to crush the scope tube. That type were developed for steel tubed scopes & will destroy any alloy tube Swaro etc if you aren't careful.
I recently took off my Apels & by sheer luck an Optilock set I have fit onto the Apel bases that are on my Mannlicher Stutzen.

Ian

Back