Bonus buck

Went out yesterday evening an took a young cull buck, just about to pack up when i spied a huge buck heding down my boundry dyke.
Too far and to dark for a shot so full of excitement i would be out for him in the morning .
Got ther quite late Sh1t he is only browsing round the pond about 100yds out, too much cover for a shot so i inched up the ladder till i got to a good position.
just about to take the shot when the buck starts to run, and i catch a glimps of another animal chasing him off.
What a dilemma which one to take, i decided on the challenger.

It would have been nice to take the bigger headed animal but he looked a bit younger and he will be there for another day a real prospect if he manages to survive.

The buck dropped like a stone with a shot to the neck , i gralloched it the john robbo method and found it a lot better than my usual messy way.

To make it better on the way home a caught a glimps up close of a doe with two kid's in all a great morning out. DF

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks mate not as big as yesterdays buck by a long chalk. iv just got him hung in the chiller, had a good look at the wound from the vmax they certinly are good for neck shots they cause massive trauma instant death.

DSC00723.jpg

Back