Twitchers

limulus

We have a montagues harrier feeding around the moss here at the moment and the place has been inundated with twitchers!

I'll try and get a picture of it as its descending on some partridge poults shall I.

Wicked
Been a while since I last saw one in the wild
Hope you manage a few nice pics and I for one would like to see them
Kind regards

Sorry Lim, you need them specifically conditioned on your ticket before you can shoot them. I believe the approved wording is "shooting of twitchers causing annoyance, or interfering with legitimate shooting activities". I believe the minimum calibre is 30-06, with a 150gr soft point bullet.

Before I get told that's inappropriate, please note it's a joke! I quite enjoy bird watching myself.

Had something similar where I live. In an area where I train my spaniels I have observed short eared owls for three years, they have successfully bred every year. This year word got out and the place has been crawling with twitchers ever since. Bloody nuisance and they always give me dirty looks when I'm out training the dogs, not that they know that we've all got along just fine before they turned up! Saw one guy in a full Gillie suit one night with a lens that made me feel quite inadequate!! The funny thing is the twitchers are always there at dusk but in my experience the owls are more active at first light and mid morning, but what would I know. The owls did breed again this year but if the level of disturbance keeps up I think they'll move on.

The other night I was out after a fox and near a woodland until dark, at last light I heard a strange bird call and then saw one in flight, a first for me, it was a Nightjar! Needless to say the location will be getting kept secret!!

You're right there!:D 5 years old and still training!! I may get them just about right at retirement age. Just gotta keep on training them and training them.

Sorry Lim, you need them specifically conditioned on your ticket before you can shoot them. I believe the approved wording is "shooting of twitchers causing annoyance, or interfering with legitimate shooting activities". I believe the minimum calibre is 30-06, with a 150gr soft point bullet.

Before I get told that's inappropriate, please note it's a joke! I quite enjoy bird watching myself.

of the feather kind i hope HA HA

I've still not managed to see the Montagues harrier but have seen a couple of marsh harriers working the same area. I'm pigeoning over some rape on saturday and might get to see it then.

Back