Thread: 'A little inletting may be required' Base kits to take AI mags

'A little inletting may be required' Base kits to take AI mags

I'm converting my remmy 375 H&H to take 338 lapua AI magnum mags via a base conversion kit. Three in the box plus one just seems too few. The fitting is an arse for this kit!!!

It's just a **** of a job. 'some inletting may be required' is just not quite a full enough description of the work involved to fit the base. 2 hours at work with all the tooling you need and I'm only half way there.

Best advice.... get someone else to do it !

Any one else had one done? I know it will work out sweet but I'm not used to working hard at work.

Iam in that club to hard work is for play time

Crikey Paul why don't you just go the whole hog and make the bloody thing belt fed - how many trees you want to chop down anyway.!
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I did it on my Remy 700 308 using a dremel and small rotary cutter, took about an hour on mine.

as many as possible!.... the AI mag takes 6 x .375 H&H rounds and that's just joygasmic. Starting with one chambered with 6 rounds extra the felling damage when a sounder runs by is massive...

This year in France with luck there will be shouts of 'sanglier' closely followed by 'merde les arbres idiot!!'