Somerset Buck

Just like to thank Ben (Benc) for a great day out in Somerset. Tuesday at 4pm I drove the 3 hours from Sussexfallow HQ west.
After a 10 minute walk around the rape field a doe and buck were spotted in the next field across. Hugging the tree line we crept slowly into the field and onto our hands and knees. We moved forward for a 100 yards slowly in the rape. Lying prone i shuffled myself to the edge of the crop for a clear shot. After what seemed an age the doe left the rape and wandered across open land towards the hedge. Would the buck follow? Luckily he did and stopped nicely around 180 yards. Thud !! A nice hit and he was down. A 4 pointer nearly joined him the next morning but it wasnt to be!! Thanks again Ben

somerset004.jpg

Cheers Steve, was good to have you over and he is a cracking buck, will be interesting to see how he weighs out now he's boiled, shame about the 4 pointer the next morning but the 7 foxes in the lamp kept me happy. Rupert, you know how it is when you've only only got 1 field!

Well done a nice buck there, very long brow tines I shot one similar that made a silver in Somerset

HPIM2307.jpg

Atb
Cal

Last edited:
Heard from Steve this morning, he is currently 520g so should go bronze after deductions. I didn't measure the length but he was tall with exceptional brow tines.

Back