Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - Starting out alone

Help - Starting out alone

I have been shooting since a very early age and have shot mainly shotguns, a couple of years ago I obtained my DSC level 1 certificate and with it a couple of firearms; .22 (rabbits obviously) and .270 and I have the option of a .222

I live near Skipton, North Yorks and spend quite a lot of time out in the country. I have two black Labs, who are trained (after a fashion) to the shotgun, but would be far too giddy to take on a stalk!

I have stalked a little with some friends who have their own patches but I am now looking to find a patch of my own where I might be able to get the odd deer or two; any pointers would be good. I found the site on Google and thought it would be good to browse round it then after a while decide that I would register and see what it brings.

Good shooting!

Welcome to the forum
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum . . . . There are currently hundreds of people tryng to find a syndicate space or shooting lease mate. They very seldom become available, and when they do they usually go to someone word of mouth . . . . Join the BDS, go along to their meetings and presentations and get to know people, doors will open.
    There are a lot of decent honest guys on this site, keep your ears open and something will come up.

Last edited by Cadex; 22-06-2012 at 14:55.

Thanks CADEX, I will try the BDS and see what there is out there. You have echoed my thoughts that everything is all tied up though, still I am sure something will turn up eventually.

Now I have made the step to register here and I have more time on my hands I will keep looking. Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

hi surveyor and welcome
    i posted about the forestry commision currently have some deer control licences up for tender i dont know if its any good to you ?
    regards andy

welcome surveyor all the best

Welcome to the site, and good luck,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site Mark,
    Along with a friend of mine, we have just put a bid in for the stalking rights on some forestry in south lakes.
    Wont know for a while if we have got it, but if successful will be looking for a couple of people to make up a small syndicate!!!
    Let me know if you are interested and I will be in touch.

P.S Only live about 20 miles west of you
    Last edited by sinbad; 23-06-2012 at 15:46.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Thanks for the responses folks it's made me feel welcome.

CWD, I will check the Forestry Commission thread out and see what it brings, Sinbad I have responded to your mail.

It's a good site with some good people, good work o those who have started it!

Mark :-)

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it.

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under