Help needed in the next two days - NEW RANGE COMPLEX (SW)

IanF

Folks

We are looking at providing a new shooting range complex/target sports centre of excellence outside the town of Charmouth. This will provide much needed quality facilities for us here in the SW.

It will be usable for Air Rifle/Pistol, C/F & R/F rifle and pistol (inc Black Powder), as well as Olympic and Field Archery.

It is expected to provide a 60m indoor gallery range facility with at least six firing points. (fully sound proofed)
A 100m indoor range with at least six firing points. (fully sound proofed)
A cafeteria and training/function rooms. Gun shop & Armoury.
Woodland Field target course for Air Rifle and Archery usage + 100m outdoor archery range.

All of this bookable on a pay to use basis!

Copy and paste the following into your browser address bar - and you will go direct to the site!

http://webapps.westdorset-dc.gov.uk/planningapplications/(S(px2hxbacvbkoh2ioy3yrmsec))/pages/ApplicationDetails.aspx?Application=1%2fD%2f09%2f000202&Authority=West+Dorset+District+Council

Clicking the 'Submit Comment' button will allow you to have your say!

Naturally, we would be very grateful for all and any support. Please ensure your response is clear and covers the potential worries of security and most importantly, noise effect, as well as indicating the benefits to the local area!

Our thanks for those of you who have already submitted letters of support - please do write again online, as this is the last barrier we need to overcome before commencing the build!

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Ian Farrington

Many thanks to all and anyone prepared to add weight to this proposal!

My future livelyhood may revolve around it - so I admit to being a little biased!

Rgds Ian

This looks like an excellent facility!

Our club is going through a planning appeal at the moment for a similar facility just outside Bristol so I have an idea about all the hoops you are having to jump through!

I'm writing a letter in support of our application this evening, so I'll copy paste it onto yours too! :D

Alex

I will be writing a letter of support for the build. It`s a great idea Ian.
Will there be any jobs available on the project? Just thought i`d ask.
basil.

good luck ian i hope it all goes well,nice part of the world you have down there mate we should be back in the summer time,we stayed in rousdon the last couple of times.

Sorry Basil - only just seen your reply.

Could you PM me contact details and I will have a chat after the weekend.

Thanks to all who wrote in - the decision will be out on the 8th, hopefully good news!

Rgds Ian :)

Good luck mate
hope it goes well for you ;)
my mate is trying the same up my neck of the woods but on a smaller scale
ATB

I got a letter today from West Dorset Council confirming your application was successful so congratulations! Another valuable shooting facility in the making! 8)

Our club won our long standing appeal against Mendip District Council a couple of weeks ago too, so it's been a good month for future shooting facilities!

Ian as csl has stated your application was successful does that mean you no longer require letters of support ?

Congratulations fella im looking forward to meeting up on the high seat weekend

Terry

Back