collared doe 19yrs old

update ,my keeper friend has not seen her since june so hope she is still safe he has sent me some nice photo's showing the colour variations of the fallow on the estate .boughton fallow.jpg

sure you will agree he takes a great photo and is just as happy with that as his .308 .

kind regards
norma

Last edited:
She was sighted this morning with a fawn so all relieved she is still about good news !
Norma

The odd sighting stav ,the deer have been playing havoc around the keepers house and eating anything green lol ,his dogs kennelled outside are so used to the deer at night coming round the kennels they don't even bark !

Absolutely incredible! And to have had a fawn to. Be good to see some side photos of her and head profile. Really interesting and I am guessing to live that long she is wise as to what is safe, and what is not!!

Very safe in the 500 acre wood she is usually in as no stalker would dare shoot her ,she is not seen outside that wood and the estate is 10 k acres +. be interesting to know her whereabouts via gps on a daily basis wouldnt it .
norma

well it would be common sense not to shoot one with a collar on but not everyone's the same i guess, glad she's still on the go and look forward to more pics when they catch up with her. glad the keeper and his dogs dunt mind her being around lol
just goes to show they dunt all have to die by human hands.

stav

Saw her on fri 8th stav ,we were looking for a deer we had been trailing for some 2 hrs or so and as I walked way in front whilst the other two guys walked the quarter she popped out in front of me looked at me and trotted off .
she wasnt with any other deer although a group did come out the side 10 mins later .unfortunantly the blood trail came to an end very suddenly and the trail got very busy from the bunch I just mentioned and the dog very tired by this point lost interest and we didn't find it !
Still glad the old girl was looking good .
cheers doug

Collar used to have a working transmitter, but obviously the battery has packed up ! She was one of three collered. I think one vanished and one was tracked to a house locally and she still roams the wood.
Have seen her many times, every year i have stalked there she has had a calf.

Doug, See if ( the Keeper ) will let you post a Purple Emperor pic

Will ask him Friday splash got another cull day then .
thanks for the reply great wood isn't it
cheers doug

He has some great pics of all sorts of animals, birds and insects ! Not many fox pics though.
Are all the woods having a Cull day on friday ? As planing to come down on sunday, might pospone by a week.

Back